Community Forum

Live streaming TV from other countries.

New Poster

Live streaming TV from other countries.

I am wondering if the modem I rent from Comcast will let me watch TV from another country (Canada) if I subscribe to a VPN service? 

My next question is: Is it OK to do this. Facebook friends say yes but I'd really like to avoid jail.

This is the modem I am renting  ______________________ ⤵︎

Thank you for considering my question. 

Hopefully not,

StillConfused
xfinity modem.png

xfinity modem.png
Official Employee

Re: Live streaming TV from other countries.

The modem has nothing to do with it. It will depend on your VPN and that the site that you’re trying to access will work out of Canada with a VPN . It’s legal

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Using a VPN in the past I was unable to live stream an NFL game out of my area because Comcast blocked me. I was told that even though my VPN IP address was in the area that was live streaming the NFL game that Comcast blocked it by identifying my home IP address via a location tracker. Would this not also be a problem trying to live stream from another country?  

I remain, 

StillConfused

Official Employee

The NFL has its own set of rules on what can be streamed in Home/out of Home anyways. That doesn’t have anything to do with streaming Canadian channels. It’s going to boil down to the broadcaster and the VPN, you’re going to actually have to try it.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!