Community Forum

Live TV won't work on Macbook Pro

New Poster

Live TV won't work on Macbook Pro

I was watching online this morning when I was prompted by the website to update now and maximize your viewing experience. I selected update now. Unfortunately now I cannot view tv listings or access any online viewing. I can view the app on all of my mobile devices just not my computer. Any suggestions? I was told to download another browser, I don't think I should have to do that.

Official Employee

Re: Live TV won't work on Macbook Pro

User77084 wrote:

I was watching online this morning when I was prompted by the website to update now and maximize your viewing experience. I selected update now. Unfortunately now I cannot view tv listings or access any online viewing. I can view the app on all of my mobile devices just not my computer. Any suggestions? I was told to download another browser, I don't think I should have to do that.

Sorry you're having trouble. Assuming you are using one of the supported browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE) you should not have to download another one (it does sometimes help identify the source of the issue, however).  Most of our engineering team use Macbook Pros so we should be able to resolve this for you.

What browser and OS are you using? Are you getting a specific error message?

Please try signing out of the website from within Settings (looks like a gear icon) then click "Sign out".  That will remove your device from our database so it comes in fresh when you sign back in. 

-ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

I also am having the exact same problem except I am using a computor running Windows 10. Firefox has the same issue but Edge does not have this problem.  TV streaming works normally if I use Edge but I perfer to use Chrome.  Can someone please look into this?  There was no problem until I allowed the software update this afternoon.  Access ceased using Chrome immediatly after the update.

New Poster

I use Safari as my browser, and OS X El Capitain. I have cleared the cache, history, etc., I logged out through settings numerous times. I attempted to give this another try this morning and again the screen simply displays the comcast logo, privacy/license agreement, and social media links in the page header. When I refresh the page, it attempts to load the enhanced tv experience, but just continues to cyle endlessly. I did notice a change when I attempted to log in this morning, every time I attempted to click sign in and put in my username and password I would get kicked out. I could only log in through the support menu.

The problem began Wednesday, 5 July in the early morning around 500 am or so CST. I was prompted to update my viewing experience and clicked yes. I wasn't concerened because I have always elected to update my set top box whenever proompted to. This update however, did not work and I guess I am wondering am I the only one that is having this issue? I currently still cannot watch on my computer, which I had trul ycome to enjoy and any further assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

New Poster

I am having the same problem on both MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. iPhone streaming app is working fine.

Both laptops try to "add the device" but it just hangs and eventually gives a "Sorry, We're having some trouble. Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Try back later.
Error: xacsa.getSamLToken.404: FatalDrmError."

Was all working fine up until yesterday afternoon. I have made no changes to the laptops (was not prompted about any update to the user experience). I have cleared caches, history, logged out of accounts, reset or restarted devices. Had an Xfinity technical support chat and was kicked "upstairs" as refreshing my account on Xfinity's end also did not solve the problem. Was told I would hear back within 24 hours. 

If xfinity would allow airplay streaming from an iPhone through an Apple TV device there would be a workaround while I was waiting. Oh, well

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Using Chrome, and Safari, never gets past the adding device screen.  As the circle spins to add the device, the screen goes gray and nothing loads.  Started on 7/05/2017, cache clears, relogging in, restarting does not work

New Poster

Update - have had this problem consistently since 7/5/17 - been able to stream only a handful of times since then - but then the problem comes back. 1 chat and then a call to Comcast. No one can seem to help. Lots of searching on the internet for the error codes and I do find a bunch of threads on the topic. Often seems to relate to Adobe Flash. Must be a code issue on the Comcast side of things because it happens with both Macs and PCs and with all different types of browsers. Still works on my phone. Frustrating...

New Poster

I, too, can't stream live TV on my Mac - an iMac running fully updated Yosemite. I only get listings for TV GO. No live TV. I've signed out and signed back in. Same abridged listings. I've tried clicking on recently viewed channels and get nothing. Hope Comcast resolves this ASAP. I'm miffed. 

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue as you are.  Work all last week with Chrome.  Got no help from the phone call to them.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I'm getting a message saying it's Flash but have uninstalled and reinstalled and continue to get the same thing. I've followed all the steps they offer as support and it still doesn't work. What's up? I had no issues with this previously. I would like to watch TV from my computer. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 2.59.38 PM.png
New Poster

WOW! Just kidding. I had to click the puzzle piece in the top right corner of the URL bar on Chrome. Now it works. Smiley Happy Hope this helps someone else!

New Poster

Any photos what youre talking about? I dont see any puzzle piece by URL lol. I I only see star to save browser and then add ons to the right of it. 

EDIT: Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)  | MAC OS X 10.8.5 

** Mines showed a Shield (top right of URL next to favorte star) and it says " Show Uncripted..." and I clicked it. The HTTPS: was green and now it turned RED Https: as it disable something BUT WHATEVER IT DID, IT WORKED! I CAN WATCH FOOTBALL LOL

New Poster

It's now 2018 and this problem still hasn't been resolved. Why can't XFinity come up with a solution?

Frequent Visitor

I spent about 30 minutes in chat with an Xfinity support rep, and I think the reason it is not fixed is that the Xfinity technical people are incompetent. I explained

1. The Live TV streaming works in Chrome but not Safari
  2. I can stream a show in Safari from stream.nbcsports.com, but the same show will not work when streamed via the Xfinity site. The same is true for any other channel that is available to stream from both the channel's site and Xfinity
  3. Yes, I cleared my browser cache and cookies and restarted it
  4. Yes, I rebooted
  5. Yes, I tried again

The support rep I was in chat with actually said, "If it is a problem with the browser then you should talk to the device manufacturer." I responded that it really worries me that they think a browser is a device. And yes, I did clarify that is what she thought. 

It is astounding how useless the customer support is, so it is not surprising that this issue isn't getting fixed. When it is reported, they probably get a problem statement such as "customer's brower screen is broken."