Community Forum

Live TV channel listings

Visitor

Live TV channel listings

I have limited basic TV. When the TV listings in Live TV were first updated all the channels were listed whether they were part of my service or not. I could at least scroll down and see what was on the channels I receive.  Mid-December only the NBA and music channels were showing. The NBA channels are not part of basic TV. I have done a Chat and made 2 phone calls.  All channel listings appeared for 2-4 days.  Before the last reset (#3) on 12/28 only the music channels were listed. At present 1 NHL channel and the music channels show up in All Listings and nothing in the Kids, Sports, Movie listings. I do like to watch Live TV on my pc from time to time. At present that is not possible. I have read others who are also having problems caused by this upgrade. Frustrated with the website!  

Official Employee

Re: Live TV channel listings

jat50 wrote:

I have limited basic TV. When the TV listings in Live TV were first updated all the channels were listed whether they were part of my service or not. I could at least scroll down and see what was on the channels I receive.  Mid-December only the NBA and music channels were showing. The NBA channels are not part of basic TV. I have done a Chat and made 2 phone calls.  All channel listings appeared for 2-4 days.  Before the last reset (#3) on 12/28 only the music channels were listed. At present 1 NHL channel and the music channels show up in All Listings and nothing in the Kids, Sports, Movie listings. I do like to watch Live TV on my pc from time to time. At present that is not possible. I have read others who are also having problems caused by this upgrade. Frustrated with the website!  

Hi JAT,

Sorry you're having trouble. I looked at your account and immediately saw the issue and was able to resolve it. The problem wasn't actually with the website itself but with another Comcast service which tells the website which channels you are entitled to (the website and apps now hide those you can't watch as you pointed out). 

I was able to do a "UDB Refresh" using an internal tool called "X-Ray" which is available to to Tier 2 or higher technical support agents. Hopefully this detail will help you or others who may encounter similar missing channels in the future. Call 1-800-XFINITY and ask to be escalated to "refresh" your account entitllements.  

Please confirm if you now see all your channels and mark this solution if so.

Best,
ComcastDan

New Poster

Great help ComcastDan.  Can you do this for me also?  All I get is CMT....

New Poster

I am experiencing the same exact issue. I have CMT channel 135 and CMT Go on all of my applications (PC based Xfinity TV, Tablet app and Roku). I called comcast today and spoke with a tech for quite some time and almost an hour of trying they created a ticket but we are without TV until then(over data limit) since cable boxes don't arrive until the 25th. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

New Poster

Think I may have it resolved. UDB didn't work but the tech said since I haven't received any boxes it may be the issue. We will see tomorrow when I pickup a box from local service center. 

New Poster

Not getting any of my basic channels as I was before

New Poster

I have this exact issue,  I got a roku and everything was working great,  and now its just CMT??? what is going on? 

New Poster

No one at comcast seems to know how to support this app or resolve this issue.... I understand its in beta but this is pathetic

Official Employee

JRDalton wrote:

No one at comcast seems to know how to support this app or resolve this issue.... I understand its in beta but this is pathetic

Sorry you're having trouble. Your account shows that you subscribe to XFINITY Internet but not TV service. Therefore, the system is only providing access to a "freeview" (free trial period) of CMT.  I do see on your last bill that you were charged for TV service. Did you or someone in your household recently cancel that?

If you believe the lack of TV subscription is in errror, please schedule a callback from the following link to speak with an agent about getting this cleared up.  I do see that you opened a support ticket earlier today as well but perhaps this new information will be useful.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/schedule-callback/#contact

-ComcastDan

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issue.  My channels are limited to CMT go.  If I don't live stream for a day, all channels will be listed and it will work.  Then, at a certain point during the day, the channel listing limits to CMTgo.  Is this something that Comcast is doing or is there a data limit I'm reaching and the system automatically shuts down?  This is very, very frustrating.  Any ideas??

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here...only 5 CMT channels and I subscibe to TV and Phone...

Also, a poster above stated that this is a "beta" service offering...I have never seen that disclaimer stated on the website.

I have been using the Live TV stream from my Mac's, PC's and iOS devices for nearly a year....can this really still be "beta"?

New Poster

Same here -- only seeing CMT and another CMT channel, and not seeing any recordings.  Tried on PC and Android phone -- both show the same.  Help!

Capture.JPG
New Poster

I am having the same issue. The app was working on my Roku and then I went to change the channel and it said I needed a subscription. I then logged out and logged back in and now I'm only getting CMT channels. I am signed up for cable and movie channels so this definitely shouldn't be happening. The regular boxes are working so I don't believe it is a billing issue. Help please!!!
New Poster

I will say my problem is similar.  I stream through Roku, I have one regular TV cable box on my primary TV.  Over the last 3 weeks I have lost the ability to get local channels.  Of course we still have to pay for the services!  Called tech support, no help.  Went to comcast, no help. I am hoping that someone has an answer.  That COMCASTDAN guy seems alful clever and caring?  Are you out there to suggest a solution?