Community Forum

Live T V

New Poster

Live T V

I am new to Xfinity & the wifi that they offer. I ordered Wifi as it was my intention to cut off cable period and just stream with sling, amazon, hulu etc. Now with this wifi live I am learning it offers xfinity stream but at what costs? I did put this on my TV but i see there are premium channels and I am concerned about costs?

I am very confused because it looks like cable all over again.

Expert

Re: Live T V

@bobbie9347 wrote:

I am new to Xfinity & the wifi that they offer. I ordered Wifi as it was my intention to cut off cable period and just stream with sling, amazon, hulu etc. Now with this wifi live I am learning it offers xfinity stream but at what costs? I did put this on my TV but i see there are premium channels and I am concerned about costs?

I am very confused because it looks like cable all over again.

you are probably being offered http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Instant-TV-Beta/td-p/2975728 which basically is cable service without the cable (all by internet from Comcast. the good side is that there is no equipment to rent, no contract necessary, and the stream app record button will actually work. you get full access in your home on wifi of your subscription as well as away from home you still have access to your cloud recordings, on-demand library, and your recordings. the in home use of stream app for 'linear' (numbered) channels does not count toward your 1 TB cap (if it applies to you).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.