Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

LIsting College games by team mascot name? Who thought this was a good idea?

Frequent Visitor

LIsting College games by team mascot name? Who thought this was a good idea?

PLEASE list the college sports games by school and NOT the team name. Even most sports fans do not know MOST of the team names, even at big schools. Dont turn the schedule grid into a trivia quiz. I just want to see who's playing without having to click in a couple times to find out!  NOBODY does it this way, so please change it so we can find the games easily.   For example, tonight  at 5pm CST on ESPN 2 there is a listing Panthers @ Eagles.  I have NO IDEA who that is.  I have to click in and read the fine print to see that it is Georgia State at Georgia Southern,  for which I have NO interest.  I would have known that if the listing had just listed it that way.  I much prefer to read the schedule grid and see what games are there I MIGHT want to check without having to click in to most of them where I may not know ONE or BOTH of the TEAM NAMES.

New Poster

Re: LIsting College games by team mascot name? Who thought this was a good idea?

Bringing back an old thread but I agree completely. Often a second click does not get you a school name.

Last night 4 teams named Bulldogs and 5 named Tigers in the 7 to 10 time slot.

Frequent Visitor

Re: LIsting College games by team mascot name? Who thought this was a good idea?

?

New Poster

Obviously someone thought this was a bright idea to set themselves apart from their competition.  It worked!!!  Now we know they have absolutely no sports knowledge.

Frequent Visitor

what's your question?  I'll guess.  You don't know what I mean.  This is about Comcast XFinity's online tv listings. They list Team names (like "Pirates" instead of "Seton Hall". I know "Seton Hall",  I habe no idea who "Pirates" is unless I am a Big East fan. .  Even sports fans don't know most College Teams by team name,  unless it's in your own league  or unless it's a banner program with a unique name.  When I am looking at a TVGUide,  I want to know who is playing.  Team names instead of College Names makes me guess, or just be in the dark until I click a couple more times.  Most times I will just not bother if I don't recognize a team name.