Community Forum

LIVE TV NOT WORKING

New Poster

LIVE TV NOT WORKING

1/25/2018

New Poster

Re: LIVE TV NOT WORKING

My live stream not working Xfinity tried to fix it but un sucessfful, when I click watach nothing happens, I tried restting my computer a few times, cleared out cookies, cache, login out then back in with no success they said they will call be back in a few days to find out what is the issue.

No Live Streaming for a few days, I do not own a TV,  this sucx

Contributor

The same thing is happening to me.  If I click play on a show or a channel on the website, it doesn't do anything.

Expert

@MadCabbit wrote:

The same thing is happening to me.  If I click play on a show or a channel on the website, it doesn't do anything.

run Chrome, enable flash extension (safe - runs in its own memory sandbox). does that work?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Anyone ever fix this? This is terrible, and given the cost of this service, the least I would expect is "some" type of support.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@MadCabbit wrote:

run Chrome, enable flash extension (safe - runs in its own memory sandbox). does that work?

I've run it in several different browsers, all with flash enabled.  Clicking on Watch in any program, or the play icon on a channel just gives no response at all.

Expert

@MadCabbit wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@MadCabbit wrote:

I've run it in several different browsers, all with flash enabled.  Clicking on Watch in any program, or the play icon on a channel just gives no response at all.

does the Xfinity Stream TV app work on your iOS or Android device while connected to your home wifi?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@MadCabbit wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@MadCabbit wrote:

does the Xfinity Stream TV app work on your iOS or Android device while connected to your home wifi?

The Android app works just fine, the issue is affecting the web version only.

New Poster

I have the same issue, running Chrome on my laptop, clicking "Watch" does nothing.  Works on my android phone.

New Poster

Started yesterday, continuing today.

Expert

@MadCabbit wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@MadCabbit wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@MadCabbit wrote:

The Android app works just fine, the issue is affecting the web version only.

delete the cache and cookies and log out and back in to the web page. working?

New Poster

Exactly the same issue I have.  I have tried both Firefox and Safari, with Flash activated, and I can see my recordings and/or the TV GO station, can open it to get to there the "WATCH" button is, but the WATCH button cannot be pressed/activated.  Literally nothing happens.  I cannot play any live or recorded TV on my desktop computer.

New Poster

No, clearing cache/cookies does not resolve.

Also, it is not due to flash....I have it activated for the site.

I'm having the same issue regardless of browser (safari and firefox)

I am not having any issues streaming from other sites (netflix, amazon prime, etc.)

New Poster

It happens to everybody after they do the new update that Xfinity prompts you to do.

The watch option will stop working after the update.  You can no longer stream TV shows, or movies, or watch live TV.  It doen't even matter which browser you are using.

I figured out how to fix the problem on my own.

In my browser general settings the update caused "CONTENT BLOCKERS" to be turned on for the xfinitiy website by default.  I turned "CONTENT BLOCKERS" back off and now the watch option is working again for me.