Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

LG smart tv won't play online content

New Poster

LG smart tv won't play online content

Hello everyone,

I have an LG smart tv and tried playing movies on the xfinity website, but keep geting flashplayer out of date.  Can't download the update for the flashplayer to my tv.  Tv is 8 months old.  I understand that recently, Comcast came out with an app for samsung smart tv's.  Does anyone know if that app is actually working for Samsung smart tv owners?  Are there any plans to create an app for LG tv's?  If so, any timeline?

Thanks

New Poster

Re: LG smart tv won't play online content

Hey, comcastjoe and comcasterik do you guys actually reply to questions?  Need some help, seems like a pretty straight forward request.

New Poster

I too just bought an LG Smart TV (Nov 2014).

I am having same problem. - ie  I cant access Comcast live TV over internet.

The specific error message from comcast is that need to update to flash version 11.8. tv has flash 11.1.102.

Is Comcast talking to LG to address thius incompatibility? 

Any workarounds or other suggestions?.  

New Poster

After talking to Comcast...learned that support for smart TV over internet is limted at best with no committed suppprt for streaming live TV.

Circled back to LG and got this response - 

"Unfortunately, due to hardware limitations, none of LG’s Smart TVs have the ability to upgrade to a high version of flash from what was pre-installed on the machine"

So it just isnt going to work...I knew was a gamble...But it is a fine TV..I need to alter my installation plans...

New Poster

We just bought an LG smart TV and are experiancing the exact same thing in reference to the Down Load Updated Flash player. I called Comcast tech support and they know nothing about smart TV's! It does not work so far. If anyone knows how to download the flash player on a smart TV let me know! You also need to download the Xfinity app call "TV" for you to view recorded shows and live tv.