Community Forum

Keep getting "Attempting to Resume" messages

Frequent Visitor

Keep getting "Attempting to Resume" messages

When I try to stream TV shows on my PC I am frequently greeted with an "Attempting to Resume" message and can't access the show. It never used to do this, but it seems to be getting worse and worse and ultimitely I have to go to the actual network web site to watch the show. The screenshot attached here is an example of what I got while trying to access Hawaii 5-O. Sometimes it just keeps displaying this message. Sometimes it finally returns an error.

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

attempting.png

Expert

Re: Keep getting "Attempting to Resume" messages

@jblenkle wrote:

When I try to stream TV shows on my PC I am frequently greeted with an "Attempting to Resume" message and can't access the show. It never used to do this, but it seems to be getting worse and worse and ultimitely I have to go to the actual network web site to watch the show. The screenshot attached here is an example of what I got while trying to access Hawaii 5-O. Sometimes it just keeps displaying this message. Sometimes it finally returns an error.

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

the triple dots almost always mean an adobe flash player is not launching. does a smart device play the recording properly? (like apple or android)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Keep getting "Attempting to Resume" messages

Yes, it works fine on my Android phone. I thought it might have something to do with WiFi vs. my computer actually being connected to the modem/router by cable, but I will investigate the Flash not loading.