Community Forum

Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

Highlighted
New Poster

Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

I am not able to stream the following networks from their respective websites or iOS apps: USA, Bravo, Syfy, E!, Oxygen, amd Sprout. I can stream other channels just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites


@benlozano wrote:

I am not able to stream the following networks from their respective websites or iOS apps: USA, Bravo, Syfy, E!, Oxygen, amd Sprout. I can stream other channels just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?


this LINK shows all available networks and only sprout is not listed. Let's pick one of the allowed and try to work on it. using USA open the app, sign out of the app, delete the app. reinstall the app, and sign back in to verify your subscription. working?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

Sure thing, let's look at USA network. When I try to stream live TV on the iOS app, I get an error that says “An Error Has Occurred. A video error has occurred. Please try again later.” What's strange is that if I switchWi-Fi off and use my cellular connection, the app streams live TV just fine. I have tried deleting and reinstalling that app but I get the same result. I have also tried reseting my iOS network settings and the app still cannot stream live TV over Wi-Fi.

 

I tried streaming from the web on my MacBook Air and had a similar experience. Nothing but a black box appears where the video should be playing when I am on Wi-Fi. If I switch from Wi-Fi to tether to my phone's cellular connection, the video plays.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites


@benlozano wrote:

Sure thing, let's look at USA network. When I try to stream live TV on the iOS app, I get an error that says “An Error Has Occurred. A video error has occurred. Please try again later.” What's strange is that if I switchWi-Fi off and use my cellular connection, the app streams live TV just fine. I have tried deleting and reinstalling that app but I get the same result. I have also tried reseting my iOS network settings and the app still cannot stream live TV over Wi-Fi.

 

I tried streaming from the web on my MacBook Air and had a similar experience. Nothing but a black box appears where the video should be playing when I am on Wi-Fi. If I switch from Wi-Fi to tether to my phone's cellular connection, the video plays.


you quickly narrowed down the problem. something is set in the router that is currently not compatible. would you find out what the dns primary and secondary settings are set to? is the router part of the gateway? a rental?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

This is on an Eero router. The Primary DNS is 75.75.75.75, secondary is 75.75.76.76

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites


@benlozano wrote:

This is on an Eero router. The Primary DNS is 75.75.75.75, secondary is 75.75.76.76


last check I can think of is to connect your laptop via ethernet directly to the modem. if it works ok but if not its still the router.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

Connecting directly to the modem doesn't work either. I've tried taking my laptop from work and connecting through the Wi-Fi there and it doesn't work either. They only way I have been able to get these networks to stream is through tethering to my phone or using a VPN app. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites


@benlozano wrote:

Connecting directly to the modem doesn't work either. I've tried taking my laptop from work and connecting through the Wi-Fi there and it doesn't work either. They only way I have been able to get these networks to stream is through tethering to my phone or using a VPN app. 


an official Comcast employee will usually reply within 72 hours of your first post. sorry we could not figure it out together.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

I'm also having an issue watching USA. The audio is contently repeating itself, the audio is also several off from the video (voices don't match up with mouths).

 

I'm hard wired to the router and have power cycled the router and computer, but issue still persists. I've also cleared all cache and cookies from the web browser.

 

Any advise would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites


@natethewiz wrote:

I'm also having an issue watching USA. The audio is contently repeating itself, the audio is also several off from the video (voices don't match up with mouths).

 

I'm hard wired to the router and have power cycled the router and computer, but issue still persists. I've also cleared all cache and cookies from the web browser.

 

Any advise would be appreciated.


that is an issue outside of Comcast (3rd party web site and 3rd party Streaming video). the audio and video are delivered in streams to your device and the device handles the timing. You would need to conatct USA/bravo for assistance. If i had this problem, I would try using different devices like smart phone/tablets or a chromebook etc to see if they experience the same problem.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

Thank you for that insight. I'll reach out to them. I'm sure they're going to tell me that it's xfinity's streaming service, but we'll see.