Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issue where DVR'd program will only play correctly while mouse cursor is in motion

New Poster

Issue where DVR'd program will only play correctly while mouse cursor is in motion

I've never had an issue like this but when I play a DVR'd program from tv.xfinity.com on my laptop it only plays the audio track and the video freezes (just a still frame not even blocking/pixelation). This is where it gets weird though, the video plays fine if I keep my mouse cursor in motion. In other words everything plays perfect while I move the mouse, the moment I stop the mouse the video freezes and audio continues. I've never run across anything like this. I tried multiple browsers. I can stream video from several other sites including Netflix and Youtube so it seems like an issue specific to Xfinity.com. anyone have any suggestions, I'm at a bit of a loss?

ETA: This seems to only happen while using the "xfinitywifi" away from home. I'm of course logged in though, I thought you could watch recorded shows from anywhere. Is there something specific I may need to pay for? This seems like only a recent issue but seems clearly connected to "xfinitywifi" vs. my home network b/c the same setup worked at home.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation