Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ion TV no longer on my xfinity streaming app where did it go

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ion TV no longer on my xfinity streaming app where did it go

Streaming Xfinity beta app on my ROKU TV and today there is no ION Television station.  It is on my TV with the cable box but not on my tv that is streaming.  How do I get it back??

Service Expert

Re: Ion TV no longer on my xfinity streaming app where did it go

@gerbergirl wrote:

Streaming Xfinity beta app on my ROKU TV and today there is no ION Television station.  It is on my TV with the cable box but not on my tv that is streaming.  How do I get it back??

https://iontelevision.com/mobile-app

this question is not part of xfinity's responsibility. the web page above only references apps for Apple iOS and Android.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

But this is the link from the help section on my Xfinity app on the TV gives to get additional help.

Service Expert

@gerbergirl wrote:

But this is the link from the help section on my Xfinity app on the TV gives to get additional help.

that help is for the Xfinity stream app, not for the ionTV app. If you are talking about the iON network channel included (or not) with your subscription, go to the channel listing for all channels, touch the magnifying glass icon and type in ion and select the found channel and watch the channel using the Comcast streaming website. If you are not in the home those linear channels won't be available. 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I do not believe I have communicated very well. I am streaming using the xfinity app on my roku tv. The ION channel is no longer showing up in my xfinity streaming line up. (I am not using an ION app) I was hoping for some way to refresh and it would show up again as I read ION had an "update". I was thinking that is possibly why it is missing. It is still on my TV with the HD/DVR box attached to it. I contacted an agent through the Xfinity Facebook page. I was told the ION channel is down and they have no restoration time available.
Service Expert

@gerbergirl wrote:
I do not believe I have communicated very well. I am streaming using the xfinity app on my roku tv. The ION channel is no longer showing up in my xfinity streaming line up. (I am not using an ION app) I was hoping for some way to refresh and it would show up again as I read ION had an "update". I was thinking that is possibly why it is missing. It is still on my TV with the HD/DVR box attached to it. I contacted an agent through the Xfinity Facebook page. I was told the ION channel is down and they have no restoration time available.

iON works on my TV and it is a national feed. Did you note the channel number on the set top box and then tune to that channel on your Xfinity channel beta?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes. It was previously on my streaming line up. I had it saved as my favorite. It is still on my tv with the xfinity box. It is part of my channel line up. Xfinity is having an issue with the streaming feed of the ion channel acccording the the person I chatted with.
Service Expert

@gerbergirl wrote:
Yes. It was previously on my streaming line up. I had it saved as my favorite. It is still on my tv with the xfinity box. It is part of my channel line up. Xfinity is having an issue with the streaming feed of the ion channel acccording the the person I chatted with.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello gerbergirl, I show that the "ION" channel has been moved to channel #294 and is now part of our limited basic package in your area. If you would like to upgrade your package so that you can get this channel again please reach back out to me here and I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have a package that it is a part of already! It works on the TVs that have a box attached to them BUT will not stream. I need it to work on the stream app again!!!!!
Service Expert

@gerbergirl wrote:
I have a package that it is a part of already! It works on the TVs that have a box attached to them BUT will not stream. I need it to work on the stream app again!!!!!

since the channel shows on your home set top box call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to finish).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation