Community Forum

Incessant pausing on Xfinity Stream

Contributor

Incessant pausing on Xfinity Stream

I cannot believe that it's been almost four months without an annoying issue popping up in Xfinity. Sadly, all good things must end. So now, while trying to watch Lucifer, the streaming pauses every few minutes. This does not happen when I stream Netflix, Amazon, or Youtube. Just Xfinity Stream has this issue. My speeds are decent for the early evening, download speeds between 19 Mbps and 60 Mbps (the speeds fluctuate quite a bit).

I'm using the latest version of Chrome (everything updated) on Windows 7, 64 bit. I've restarted my computer, Chrome, and the modem, to no avail. All software is updated. As I wrote - I do not have these pauses in any other streaming website, just Xfinity Stream.

There are others who reported this problem, but I have not found a solution, except "check your internet speed", "restart modem/computer/browser", and "update software", all of which I have done.

Now I wait...

Contributor

Re: Incessant pausing on Xfinity Stream

The pausing occurs in The Magicians, Westworld, in fact almost every single program which I try to watch. Again, no problems with internet download speeds, and Netflix, Amazon videos, Youtube, etc, all work perfectly well. Only Xfinity Stream has streaming issues.

Contributor

Still happening. Still only Xfinity.

Contributor

New modem, high internet speeds, but, Xfinity programs still pause every 10 minutes or so. Nothing to do with internet speeds, which are high, nothing to do with settings on computer, nothing to do with browser. Just Xfinity's messed up whatever. No problems on Youtube, none on Netflix, and none on Amazon Streaming.

No responses yet from Comcast...

New Poster

I am experiencing the same exact problem. While streaming live television or watching on-demand services, the content will pause intermittently (once every minute to every five minutes), as though it were buffering. 

Other content providers such as Youtube, Twitch TV, and Netflix experience no such pausing issue, so bandwidth is not the problem.

I am using Chrome on Windows 10 over a wireless connection.

New Poster

I have really had it with the pausing.  We have 8 or 9 computers in the house.  All run Windows 10 and have at least 8gb of RAM.

Only 3 are ever streaming at the same time.  The computer I am at now speed tests at about 146 mb/s .  The computer downstairs gets about 95mb/s and freezes like crazy.  It's my bedroom system so I spend a lot of time watching it.  I gave my sister a Dell Inspiron laptop and it freezes often too.

All of these computers have ethernet connections.   I have rebooted my docsis 3.0 router plenty of times.  I have powered up and down my netgear dumb router as well more than once as well as my netgear wifi hub.   Nothing seems to help.    Everything was fine until after a software update last year.   Before that no pausing...now...pausing every day multiple times on every system I own.   Comcast customer service suggested I get a new modem with docsis 3.1.   That way I could get closer to 400-500mb/s.   But seriously, 90 to 145 mb/s is not fast enough to just stream tv?   My high powered workstation, which gets around 245mb/s on the same home network system has the same problem...whether it's on the ethernet cable or the wifi.

I cannot see much difference on Edge or Internet Explorer.  I am tempted to kill the COmcast TV service and try paying for some other streaming service just as a real world test.    

I am not sure we will continue any cable TV service/streaming from xfinity after the beginning of August.  I am just about done with them.