Community Forum

In-home streaming

New Poster

In-home streaming

I upgraded to the new Xfinity modem/router this weekend and when I attempt to stream on either the app or Roku it says that I'm not on my home network.  3 calls to Comcast (which we're dropped multiple times) and 1 chat session later the problem still persists.  I'm still waiting on the call back in an hour that I was promised last night. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: In-home streaming

@sunn925wrote:

I upgraded to the new Xfinity modem/router this weekend and when I attempt to stream on either the app or Roku it says that I'm not on my home network.  3 calls to Comcast (which we're dropped multiple times) and 1 chat session later the problem still persists.  I'm still waiting on the call back in an hour that I was promised last night. 

Go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Verify the serial number listed for your cable modem matches the mac address listed on your cable modem. If it doesn't, call support and notify them.

Official Employee

Re: In-home streaming

Hi sunn925, it sounds like we need to reboot your network from our end. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get this taken care of.