Community Forum

ID Discovery

Frequent Visitor

ID Discovery

I have Xfinity internet only. When I installed my Roku, the ID Discovery channel is shown and I downloaded the app. When I tried to activate it I got a pop up that said Xfinity is not a isp for this channel. What.? As huge a company as Xfinity doesn’t carry this channel? I can get HBO but not ID Discovery? When I called COMCAST they told me I could upgrade my service which would increase my bill from $65 a month to $104. That is totally ridiculous. Does anyone know whose decision it was to not carry it? Xfinity or Roku.? Who can I call about this? Anyone know.?

Frequent Visitor

Re: ID Discovery

Internet only does not allow viewing of tv channels. If you want access to channel apps, you must also have a valid tv subscription.
New Poster

Yes, you have to subscribe to the channels in order to pick up the app. I have tried to add the VH1 app to my Roku, but Comcast/Xfinity is not on the list of providers either. I have heard, but have not tested it yet, that Lifetime and several other apps cannot be added because of the same problem. And I do subscribe to all of these all of these channels.
New Poster

If you have the remote you can talk in to, hold down the blue microphone and say 'Investigation Discovery on Utube.'
Frequent Visitor

I haven't been able to do that because Comcast is not one of the listed vendors. I have tried to watch one or two on YouTube but the picture quality was so bad you couldn't even watch it. Oh and I dont have the remote you can talk into