Community Forum

I cants stream TV in chrome

New Poster

I cants stream TV in chrome

Hi Suddenly I cant stream TV  from Xfinity website while using Chrome Browser

I have Windows 10

This is the error message :

Sorry, we're having some trouble

XFINITY Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error ftde.xact.3370.1000937)

 

It runs in EDGE just fine but I hate switching back and forth and I feel like Microsoft has alot of strange bugs right now

Any help is appreciated. I cleared cookies cache etc

Thanks

 

New Poster

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

Hi.

 

Has your problem been resolved?

I encountered the same issue yesterday ...

(contacted XFinity; they couldn't resolve it; my 'issue' was referred to tech for a callback within 24hrs -- note: it's been over 24hours and tech never called me back.)

...luckily I figured the issue out on my own and I hope it can help all who encounter/receive the same message.

 

Steps to take:

1) Download the latest version of flashplayer, deleting the older version (to make sure only 1 version is running)

To download: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Note: sometimes you can update the flashplayer without needing to install new version (for some reason, I was not given that option)

 

2) already have latest version of flashplayer? Make sure that the xfinity website is allowed permissions -- in other words, unblock

(settings can be 'ask' or 'allowed')

a) Click the little 'luggage' piece that appears next to the word 'Secure' in the browser's address bar 

b) Click site settings 

c) scroll down to {puzzle piece} flash (You can manually change the setting to 'ask' or 'allow' using the drop-down arrow)

d) clear cache and cookies

 

and last but not least, (the hidden trick)

3) copy and paste the following into your address bar: chrome://settings/content/protectedContent

You will see the following: 

'Protected content

Allow sites to play protected content (recommended)
Some content services use unique identifiers for the purposes of authorizing access to protected content
Blocked'
 
Make sure that 'Allow sites to play protected content (recommended)' AND 'Blocked' are ON (click 'slide button' to change color from grey to blue)
 
Once blocked is turned 'ON' the setting will change to 'Allow identifiers for protected content (computer restart may be required)'
 
Step #3, changing 'blocked' to ON, is what worked for me!
 
Best of luck!
 
 
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

Am having the same problem, as yours and what others have posted.  About two weeks ago it just stopped allowing me to stream with Google Chrome. I have been on with customer service 3 times for a total of 2 hours. I have cleared my cache, updated chrome, opened browsers, closed browser, rebooted my compute, rebooted the modem, checked for Flash Player settings,.....nothing works.

 

Based on the number of posts from people with similar problems one would think that perhaps Comcast (Xfinity) would figure out it is a problem at their end, quit blaming the browser, and get it fixed.

 

Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

Just to clarify; i have no problem streaming on Amazon, Youtube, or others. It is only Xfinity that has the problem.

Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

Just to clarify; i have no problem streaming on Amazon, Youtube, or others. It is only Xfinity that has the problem.


hi,  do you get an error message? a set of 3 dots in middle of the screen? 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

This is the error message when trying to sign in to Xfinity TV. (selecting the little tv icon in top ribbon)

 

Sorry, we're having some trouble

Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error ftde.xact.3321.1107296356)

Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

This is the error message when trying to sign in to Xfinity TV. (selecting the little tv icon in top ribbon)

 

Sorry, we're having some trouble

Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error ftde.xact.3321.1107296356)


what operating system/version are you using? is your Chrome up to date? the error you show is DRM related and the encrypted handshake was not completed successfully.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

I have updated Chrome, Updated Flash Drive, Cleared my cache, browsing history, etc. 1.5 hours with customer service and they refuse to admit they have a problem want to keep making the customers' problem.

Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

I have updated Chrome, Updated Flash Drive, Cleared my cache, browsing history, etc. 1.5 hours with customer service and they refuse to admit they have a problem want to keep making the customers' problem.


what operating system/version are you using? is your Chrome up to date? the error you show is DRM related and the encrypted handshake was not completed successfully.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

I'm having the same problem.  All other streaming services are working, but xfinity just gives me its three dots of death forever and ever.  I have already ensured that everything is good with my flash.  Its up-to-date, enabled for xfinity, no content blocked for xfinity and still no luck.

Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@jc1105 wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  All other streaming services are working, but xfinity just gives me its three dots of death forever and ever.  I have already ensured that everything is good with my flash.  Its up-to-date, enabled for xfinity, no content blocked for xfinity and still no luck.


3 dots issue is easy, flash is wrong/bad/not installed/not up to date/ or blocked.  Try using Chrome and be sure the flash switch under settings > advanced > privacy is off. working?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

So, you obviously did not read the posters description that he had updated Flash, and all others.....

 

I my case I get this message 

Sorry, we're having some trouble

Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error ftde.xact.3321.1107296356)

OK
 
NO THREE DOTS. Give up on that as the stock answer., and get Xfinity to admit they have a problem that needs to be fixed.
Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

So, you obviously did not read the posters description that he had updated Flash, and all others.....

 

I my case I get this message 

Sorry, we're having some trouble

Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error ftde.xact.3321.1107296356)

OK
 
NO THREE DOTS. Give up on that as the stock answer., and get Xfinity to admit they have a problem that needs to be fixed.

chrome won't allow external flash. you can't update internal flash on chrome as it is embedded in chrome and runs sandboxed.  once the settings are 'right' Xfinity web streaming will run fine.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

That sounds like  bs answer. Flash runs on every other site, and use something other than techy jargon like "Sandboxed" Sure makes you sound smart, also arrogant and unable to communicate in language others can understand.

 

Flash and Chrome work fine in all other sites.  Xfinity is the outlier. Xfinity needs to fix it.

Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

That sounds like  bs answer. Flash runs on every other site, and use something other than techy jargon like "Sandboxed" Sure makes you sound smart, also arrogant and unable to communicate in language others can understand.

 

Flash and Chrome work fine in all other sites.  Xfinity is the outlier. Xfinity needs to fix it.


sandboxed just means in this case that the 'flash' runs in a protected memory space where it is blind to any other applications and can't do more than Google coders set up. This makes flash 'safe' to run and can't be corrupted nor overwritten by rogue copies of flash. In this case it may just be that you can delete the cache and cookies for xfinity. close the Chrome windows and then run again. working now? 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

NO NO NO. It does work.  I have updated flash, i have uddapted Google, I have spend 2 hours on phone with customer service! IT DOES NOT WORK. Get they through your head!  Read the string of other people who have the same problem.  It is not about Google, or Flash, or clear the cache. It is about Comcast (Xfinity) not fixing a problem and blaming it on the customer. 

 

When you have a realistic and honest solution, without regergitaing the same bs, and can offer a solution, you, Mr. Expert, can get back to me. Until then you are just another string of useless information that will be part of  complaint to the County contract.

Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

NO NO NO. It does work.  I have updated flash, i have uddapted Google, I have spend 2 hours on phone with customer service! IT DOES NOT WORK. Get they through your head!  Read the string of other people who have the same problem.  It is not about Google, or Flash, or clear the cache. It is about Comcast (Xfinity) not fixing a problem and blaming it on the customer. 

 

When you have a realistic and honest solution, without regergitaing the same bs, and can offer a solution, you, Mr. Expert, can get back to me. Until then you are just another string of useless information that will be part of  complaint to the County contract.


run chrome. right click on the icon and select incognito window. then go to the streaming website page and log in. working? (what operating system name and version are you running?)


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

When i sign in Incognito this is the error message

This won't work while you're incognito.

 

We can't license your device while you're using Chrome's incognito mode. To access Xfinity Stream, please exit incognito mode.

(Error ftde.xact.incognito)

 

I have Windows 10, all current updates have been installed as of Yesterday,  08/03.

 

This is the version of Google Chrome: 

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
 
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
 
 
Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

When i sign in Incognito this is the error message

This won't work while you're incognito.

 

We can't license your device while you're using Chrome's incognito mode. To access Xfinity Stream, please exit incognito mode.

(Error ftde.xact.incognito)

 

I have Windows 10, all current updates have been installed as of Yesterday,  08/03.

 

This is the version of Google Chrome: 

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
 
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

guess the 'heartbeat' doesn't like that any more (security). OK i just installed an ran opera and it works fine tool the fail of incognito is before flash is used (the 3 left to right pulsating dots). 

try this: on Chrome, click stacked dots menu upper right corner. then context menu (stacked paper on left near top of display window) and select extension. turn each active extension off. close all Chrome browser windows. restart chrome and go to the stream website. difference?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

So, that works. But it means turning off all privacy and security extensions. That is not acceptable.  

 

I have the same extensions running in Firefox, and it works.  I continue to be amazed and dissatisfied that XFinity cannot fix this in the Chrome Browser.

Expert

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome


@thomasmiller10 wrote:

So, that works. But it means turning off all privacy and security extensions. That is not acceptable.  

 

I have the same extensions running in Firefox, and it works.  I continue to be amazed and dissatisfied that XFinity cannot fix this in the Chrome Browser.


it is common to find a normal extension that interferes with chrome's sandboxed flash but that kind of extension is not needed on Chrome due to their own built in flash security. you can enable the extensions you like one at a time until you find the culprit and then search google or email the provider of the extension if you feel you still need that one extension for information on fixing the way the extension is interfering with your Xfinity streaming website.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: I cants stream TV in chrome

Thanks for your persistence in helping.