Community Forum

How do I use the Xfinity Stream app on my LG Smart TV?

New Poster

How do I use the Xfinity Stream app on my LG Smart TV?

I was told to locate and download the Xfinity Stream app to my LG Smart TV in order to tune in to my xfinity subcribed shows. As far as I can see I am currently unable to do so. Is this right? Is there a way to do it?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How do I use the Xfinity Stream app on my LG Smart TV?

@wrote:
I was told to locate and download the Xfinity Stream app to my LG Smart TV in order to tune in to my xfinity subcribed shows. As far as I can see I am currently unable to do so. Is this right? Is there a way to do it?

The xf streaming app does not work on smart tvs, only compatible mobile devices

New Poster

New Poster

That’s an inaccurate response. I got my mom an insignia smart tv with Roku built in and she technically has the stream stream app on her smart tv.
New Poster

the new samsung tv my ma got today has the xfinity streaming app had to download it but it works great. still looking for one for my lg tv myself

New Poster

You can use the Xfinity streaming app on some smart TV's at this moment but not all support it. Your TV has to be a modern Smart TV, not one that is several years old. Likely 2016 or higher, more like 2017.

You will have to log into xfinity and use a verification code, via another mobile device, like your smart phone to activate it and install the app via the app store.

It will then appear in your smart TV app list.

Sony and Samsung do support it but I do not believe LG supports it yet. I have contact LG support and they said their techs are working on it right now.. Kind of a shame seeing as sony buys it's screens from LG. You'd think they'd support it.

I paid $5,000.00 for this top of the line LG, OLED TV and I can't get it working yet but on a Samsung TV that costed me like $400.00, I can get this working?

Not impressed at all LG.. Do better..

Frequent Visitor

Can you advise what tv she bought?  I just bought one today and no luck downloading the app....mine is 32" m4500

Expert

@CJM505 wrote:

Can you advise what tv she bought?  I just bought one today and no luck downloading the app....mine is 32" m4500

does the xfinity app show up in the Samsung store? have you made sure your TV firmware doesn't have an update to install? Have you contacted Samsung support to ask about available of the Xfinity stream TV app?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

yes, it was all very confusing...i updated the firmware and it said there were no more updates but the firmware version installed did not match the info on the Xfinity site...neither Samsung nor Xfinity could help...so I went back to Best Buy and bought a TV I have never heard of, TCL....and it was a breeze to download...I think the key is to get a Roku TV.....the app was available thru the Roku channels...and it works perfectly...plus the TV was $80 less

Regular Visitor

I can't believe like you that I can stream TV on my mobil devices but not my LG TV.  Who's fault is it? LG or Comcast? My TV is new and I'm very mad at this whole problem. You can hook up your mobil to your TV and view tv that way, but what a pain. I have had Comcast forever and LG products for a long time, but like shopping at Kmart, it might just be time for a change.