Community Forum

How can my parents watch a show at my house using their service?

New Poster

How can my parents watch a show at my house using their service?

We have Comcast Xfinity internet and my parents wanted to watch a show on discovery while visiting. However when we went to the website and clicked for them to sign in - it just said we don't have the service and had a link to add it. We know we don't have it but thought they would be able to watch anything they wanted through their own service that they pay for because we do have the high-speed internet connection. Is there a temporary link or something they could get to use for when they visit next time? Or do they have to bring their own computer - would that then allow it to find it? They usually just use our computer when here so we were wondering if there was a way doing that. Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: How can my parents watch a show at my house using their service?

Are you using your login information or theirs?
New Poster

It won't even allow us to enter login information. When we click to log in it goes right to that we don't have that service. At first, I was thinking how in the world does it know or not since we have not logged in yet but then I figured it had to be because I have Xfinity internet? But yes if we could get it to allow us to log in then I would imagine that would solve the issue.

Bronze Problem Solver

@slyg96wrote:

It won't even allow us to enter login information. When we click to log in it goes right to that we don't have that service. At first, I was thinking how in the world does it know or not since we have not logged in yet but then I figured it had to be because I have Xfinity internet? But yes if we could get it to allow us to log in then I would imagine that would solve the issue.

In the upper right hand corner there is a "Sign out" link. Click it and then login with your parents info

Official Employee

Is it working today? About the time that you posted yesterday, when tried I personally noticed I was getting redirected to a Comcast.com page for adding/changing services. It was like that for a little bit but is fine today.