Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How Do I Watch Streaming TV on Smart TV

New Poster

How Do I Watch Streaming TV on Smart TV

I have an LG smart TV and a Samsung smart TV. I can watch Netflix, Hulu, Youtube and browse the web on both of these TVs (over my Wi-Fi), but I cannot figure out how to view live TV from XFINITY. I can watch live TV from XFINITY on my Android phone, my tablet, and my PC but not my smart TVs. I Do not want to have to run a cable to my smart TVs....what do I need to do??
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How Do I Watch Streaming TV on Smart TV

Comcast wants users to pay some form of RENTAL fee (cable box, CableCard, Roku app after Beta test ends) on fixed-location TV's. You will never be able to use Comcast TV without that rental fee.

If your TV supports it, you can see if the networks offer their streaming apps on your TV. If not, you are out of luck. And even if so, they may not have an agreement with Comcast to allow full access. For example, even with my Roku, Viacom and Turner networks can't really be used as Comcast is not a partner, so you cannot log in and get full access.

New Poster

Is this still the case?  My cable outlets are not convenient and I'd rather just use Smart TVs.  Do I have to switch to AT&T?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Thanks for your answer.  I had same question and now I know I'll probably cancel this streaming service because I apparently cannot use it on my samsung smart tv. 

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

You can use a laptop with an HDMI cable to your TV. On your laptop you can select the HDMI output . Use the Xfinity streaming site on your laptop.