Community Forum

How Do I Watch Streaming TV on Smart TV

New Poster

How Do I Watch Streaming TV on Smart TV

I have an LG smart TV and a Samsung smart TV. I can watch Netflix, Hulu, Youtube and browse the web on both of these TVs (over my Wi-Fi), but I cannot figure out how to view live TV from XFINITY. I can watch live TV from XFINITY on my Android phone, my tablet, and my PC but not my smart TVs. I Do not want to have to run a cable to my smart TVs....what do I need to do??
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How Do I Watch Streaming TV on Smart TV

Comcast wants users to pay some form of RENTAL fee (cable box, CableCard, Roku app after Beta test ends) on fixed-location TV's. You will never be able to use Comcast TV without that rental fee.

If your TV supports it, you can see if the networks offer their streaming apps on your TV. If not, you are out of luck. And even if so, they may not have an agreement with Comcast to allow full access. For example, even with my Roku, Viacom and Turner networks can't really be used as Comcast is not a partner, so you cannot log in and get full access.

New Poster

Is this still the case?  My cable outlets are not convenient and I'd rather just use Smart TVs.  Do I have to switch to AT&T?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Thanks for your answer.  I had same question and now I know I'll probably cancel this streaming service because I apparently cannot use it on my samsung smart tv. 

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

You can use a laptop with an HDMI cable to your TV. On your laptop you can select the HDMI output . Use the Xfinity streaming site on your laptop.
Regular Visitor

How do I stream on my smart tv? Not a techy!
Expert

@violet222 wrote:

what are you ltrying to stream? is the TV connected to your home wifi? you will need to use your TV remote to see the apps currently installed on your TV (streaming apps).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help. Need a bit more specifics.
Silver Problem Solver

@violet222 wrote:

My TV has apps included for streaming.  What Make and Model TV do you have?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Administrator

@violet222,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. Without knowing the specifics of what type of television you have I can tell you for Samsung Smart TVs you can download the Xfinity Stream App by following the directions below: 

1. Launch the app from the Samsung Hub app store. If the Smart TV has not been activated, you will see the Welcome screen. Select Get Started to continue. If the device already has been activated, then you will see the main menu.
    Xfinity Stream Welcome screen. Get Started button at bottom center. 
  2. The Activation screen with the activation code will appear on the Samsung Smart TV. Go to www.xfinity.com/authorize from a second screen (mobile, tablet or PC) web browser.
    Activation screen. 
  3. From the external web browser, enter the six-digit device activation code that is provided in the Xfinity Stream beta app.
    Activation code field is at center and below it blue Continue button. 
  4. Still from the web browser, enter your Xfinity username and password, then select Sign In.
    At center fields to enter username and password and below the blue Sign In button. 
  5. The external web browser will display a Success! message, notifying you that your Samsung Smart TV has been activated and the activation screen on the Xfinity Stream Beta app will update shortly.
    Confirmation screen with Success! message. 
  6. After the successful activation of the Samsung Smart TV the Xfinity Stream Beta app Terms of Activation will be displayed. Scroll to read the terms and select Yes to accept the terms and continue. If you select No Thanks, you will be taken back to the first step of the activation process (Welcome screen).
    Terms of Activation screen. 
  7. Next, you will be asked to name your device. The device name is used to help with troubleshooting and device management settings that may be added in the future.
    Device Naming screen with letters keypad. 
  8. The main menu should then appear, and you are ready to begin using the Xfinity Stream Beta app and enjoy your Xfinity TV or Xfinity Instant TV service!
    Xfinity Stream Main menu

For more information about the Xfinity Stream App for Samsung Smart TVs see our Knowledge Base article on the subject here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/ANSWERED-How-to-install-Xfinity-Stream-App-on-Samsung-Smar...

Thanks again for your question. Please let us know if you need anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Why does Xfinity work with LG or vice versa.  They both say they are working on getting LG Smart TV to work with Xfinity Internet TV, but the LG OLED I bought at Christmas will not work with my cable carrier Xfinity.  LG is probably one of the biggest players in TVs yet I now must either change my internet provider or take my new LG OLED back to Costco and purchase a new Samsung.  Makes no sense to me.

Expert

@mike98926 wrote:

Why does Xfinity work with LG or vice versa.  They both say they are working on getting LG Smart TV to work with Xfinity Internet TV, but the LG OLED I bought at Christmas will not work with my cable carrier Xfinity.  LG is probably one of the biggest players in TVs yet I now must either change my internet provider or take my new LG OLED back to Costco and purchase a new Samsung.  Makes no sense to me.

not all samsung's work either. best bet is to use the free beta on an inexpensive 4k Roku device.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

i have a samsung galaxy note 8 how do i stream from phone to  my lg  smart tv

Official Employee

Hi there, fish2019. Take a look at this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements.

It shows compatible equipment for the app. Please let us know what other questions you have. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

i want to stream live tv from my paptop to smart tv i have you comcast as my tv and wifi provider

Silver Problem Solver

@Sparky4277 wrote:

i want to stream live tv from my paptop to smart tv i have you comcast as my tv and wifi provider

Is this what you want to do?

https://www.xfinity.com/get-stream?pc=1

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!