Community Forum

Having Trouble with Roku Xfinity Steaming App - Beta

Regular Visitor

Having Trouble with Roku Xfinity Steaming App - Beta

Cannot activate the Xfinity Steaming App-Beta on Roku.  Get error message (Error createDrmSession. 403-102).  Can someone at Comcast help.  FYI, a new modem was installed 2 days ago.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Having Trouble with Roku Xfinity Steaming App - Beta

Hi, panzer991! Welcome to our community! I received your private message and will reply back in a second. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I too am having this issue and struggling to have this resolved by the normal channels of tech support.  I just upgraded service to gigabit, swapped modems from cm600 to cm1000, and now roku and other devices wont recognize as being on the "home network".  

New Poster

I am having same issue....streaming xfinity app - Beta.

I have tried everything.  made sure roku was updated. verified was connected to wifi. Uninstalled, reinstalled.  uplugged roku.   I streamed a show, from diff app.  error 403-102. please help

Regular Visitor

I just started having issues with my Roku boxes and the streaming app.  Getting the message Error createDrmSession.403-102.  I've looked at the posts on this topic and I'm trying to send a PM with my information to @ComcastElla but when I click on her link, I see no options to send a message.

Regular Visitor

Well I figured out the issue with not seeing the PM option for @ComcastElla, you need post something first, then the option becomes available.  I will PM her for assistance.  

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla how do I PM you? I'm getting the DRM 403-102 error like alot of these other users.
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Can you please post instructions on how to private message to you?  I cannot see how after clicking on your name.  

I am having the same problem with streaming beta with TCL TV.  The modem is registered to my COmcast account with its MAC number.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Wow -- you would think they would make that obvious.  Been trying to PM for 1/2 hour.

New Poster

Hi I am have trouble connecting my Roku Xfinity app to my tv it wants me to enter the authorize number but when I do it doesn’t work. I have the app on my phone and it works great. Hope to get some help soon, Thank you!
New Poster

I encountering the same error createDrmSession.403-102  on the roku.  Other apps work just fine. I just bought my own modem and also bought the roku premier.

Can someone please help. 

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

@kennethpomper wrote:

Hi,

Can you please post instructions on how to private message to you?  I cannot see how after clicking on your name.  

I am having the same problem with streaming beta with TCL TV.  The modem is registered to my COmcast account with its MAC number.  Thanks.

Look for the Send a message when you click on the name.Send a message-2.jpg

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am having this same problem.  I have a TCL TV connected with ethernet.  My modem correctly shows in my Comcast account with its MAC number. This worked before.  Thanks.

Expert

@JRMccrayer wrote:

I too am having this issue and struggling to have this resolved by the normal channels of tech support.  I just upgraded service to gigabit, swapped modems from cm600 to cm1000, and now roku and other devices wont recognize as being on the "home network".  

run the myAccount app on a smart device. select the internet tab and then select the gateway. compare the gateway's shown serial number to the current gateway's HFC MAC address. are they exactly the same?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I too am having this issue with the Roku Xfinity app after changing modems.  I was at the Xfinity store today and gave them my modem information to enter.

Expert

@JanB1 wrote:

I too am having this issue with the Roku Xfinity app after changing modems.  I was at the Xfinity store today and gave them my modem information to enter.

working now? run the xfinity my account app and select the internet tab, and then the modem. compare the 'serial number' to your current modem's HFC MAC address. are they exactly the same?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

My problem was corrected when Comcast re-provisioned my modem. I got a new modem from Comcast and the Xfinity streaming app was not looking at the new modem. Problem solved.
Official Employee

Hello all, 

If you have issues with the 403-102 error message - please send me a private message and include your full name, account holder's name (if different) exactly as it's listed on the bill, HFC/CM Mac address of your modem. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Please note, I'm in the office Sunday through Wednesday, 9 AM - 7:30 PM MT.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi!

I'm having the same trouble and will message you privately in a few minutes

To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.
New Poster

Hi, I Installed my own modem/router the other day and I'm having the same issue. 

Official Employee

Hello, @BLUFREE41 and @AL-BOS! Thank you so much for sending your account information, I replied to your messages. Please let me know the results. 

New Poster

Hi!

I just replied to your message. Thank YOU! 

-P

To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.
Regular Visitor

I've been trying to work this problem out for the last week.  Roku Ultra with new modem.  still getting Drmsession 403-102.

Official Employee

@BLUFREE41 - I'm glad that modem reprovisioning helped with a 403-102 error message. Please don't hesitate to reach me at any time Smiley Happy

@dk3950 - Welcome to the Xfinity Help & Support Forums! If you send me your full name and CM/HFC Mac address of your modem - I can reprovision it and it should help. 

Regular Visitor

I'm having same problems and didn't see option to pm.
Regular Visitor

Thanks, looks like it's not available on mobile site.
New Poster

Trying to send you a PM and do NOT see the option to do so.

Silver Problem Solver

@corey1182 wrote:

Trying to send you a PM and do NOT see the option to do so.

There is a link to on the right side.

Example:Send a message-2.jpg

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!