Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

HBO Go on Android TV

New Poster

HBO Go on Android TV

I've read the forums and understand that for some unknow corporate reason Comcast refuses to allow Android TV and HBO go.  Is this ever going to be resolved?  I'm surpised there isn't aren't more complaints about this from the end user community.  I unfortunatly moved into an Comcast exclusive area from a competative Fios/Optimum area.  

COMCAST: GIVE US HBO GO on Android TV.  It's completely stupid that I have to cast from a device just to watch it on a big screen.  It's not like they don't support the app already since they support the Amazon Fire TV.

New Poster

Re: HBO Go on Android TV

I recently discovered  that HBGO on Android TV is not allowed on Comcast, Yet I see on the list that every single provied is listed, even DirectTV in Peurto Rico. I think is time to look for another provider, one that is on the list.

Why Comcast is not allowing it???

New Poster

I have been waiting for over a year.  I have 2 Android Boxes in my house.  I think for this reason, I might soon cancel Xfinity.  This is insane!

New Poster

Android TV has been around for how many YEARS now?? Comcast is the only major ISP to not allow HBOgo on Android TV. Why even order HBO through Comcast if they are going to be this way?? Might as well just switch to the HBONow service directly from HBO. Dear Comcast, I pay for the channel, let me watch it how I want to!!
New Poster

I am also requesting HBO Go support for Android TV. I'm paying for a service that I'm unable to watch with my device. I know AT&T supports this so there is no technical limitation here. I'm probably just going to switch to AT&T since they support it.
New Poster

Agreed, I can't believe this is STILL and issue. Android TV is only growing, and this "service authorized" method works on XBox, PS4, Roku, etc.. This is purely an anticompetitive move and it's been going on for years now. What do we need to do, start filing actual FCC complaints? All you're doing is encouraging people to sign up for HBO Now instead of using HBO Go, and you'll lose out on customers subscribing through Xfinity.. I've spoken with many others who intend to do the same.
New Poster

I was shocked when I discovered that HBO Go isn't supported on my new android tv.  Ridiculous!

Expert

@garthg wrote:

I was shocked when I discovered that HBO Go isn't supported on my new android tv.  Ridiculous!

not sure why the android TV won't support it, but did you try using another attached device like a DVD player's HBO app?

New Poster

XBox, Roku, PS4, all work - Comcast appears to be intentionally blocking the use of Android TV devices. This has been going on for at least 1 year, maybe 2 years at this point.

Expert

@jefmes wrote:

XBox, Roku, PS4, all work - Comcast appears to be intentionally blocking the use of Android TV devices. This has been going on for at least 1 year, maybe 2 years at this point.

in searching the forum (top of page) it appears that the last answer I can find was in 2016 where an Official Employee replied that there are no plans to allow use of HBOgo subscriptions on android TVs.