Community Forum

HBO GO won't activate on Apple TV

New Poster

HBO GO won't activate on Apple TV

I am having the same problem that many people have had with activating HBOGO on thei devices, mine with an Apple TV. It was working with no problem up until 2 days ago, and now I can't log in the HBOGO.com/activate screen. I have read that that this is an issue with refreshing or re-provisioning of the account. Chat support has been unable to solve this, but it does appear that several of the Comcast people on the forums know of this problem and are able to fix it. Please help! Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: HBO GO won't activate on Apple TV

Hi DJPedro, I replied to your private post please reach back out to me there. 

New Poster

I have the same problem, please let me know the solution
New Poster

HBOGo has worked with my Apple TV 3rd gen, for the last 3 years straight. All of a sudden tonight I goto Hbogo on my Apple TV and it needs me to re activate. Ok. Done this plenty. But then Comcast Xfinity is no longer an option. West Virginia one cable service somehow is connected but now xfinity is not connecting with the hbogo on Apple TV units? Like I said. At least 3 years of straight Comcast entrance to perfect hbogo on Apple TV. What is the solution here. Or what have the cable providers done to “help” us now ....?
New Poster

Wait. Hahah I fixed it. Why can’t I delete my post.? That’s odd. Thanks anyway. Used to be listed as Comcast Xfinity and found in the C’s. Now it’s simply Xfinity as the last option on the list. So there u are if ur looking and can’t find Comcast.
New Poster

That’s not true. There’s no option for “Comcast” or Xfinity”. What’s the point in having hbogo if there’s literally no way to use it. Typical Comcast. I hate this company so much and I’m so frustrated it’s my only option. The only innovation they strive for is to think of new ways to squeeze money out of their customers. I’m sure they’ll delete this comment as well.
Expert

@brianfr12 wrote:
That’s not true. There’s no option for “Comcast” or Xfinity”. What’s the point in having hbogo if there’s literally no way to use it. Typical Comcast. I hate this company so much and I’m so frustrated it’s my only option. The only innovation they strive for is to think of new ways to squeeze money out of their customers. I’m sure they’ll delete this comment as well.

It sounds like you are using the HBOgo app on a smart device even though you posted in the streaming website area (which is for the Xfinity Stream website). the HBOgo app belongs to HBO, not Comcast. scroll down to the X's and find Xfinity. you can delete the HBOgo app and then reinstall it if you are havng issues.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Sooo is there a fix? Did anyone confirm if deleting and reinstalling fixes the issue?

Watching from my Apple TV, when I go the activate website neither xfinity or Comcast are options.
Expert

@Llsbrown wrote:
Sooo is there a fix? Did anyone confirm if deleting and reinstalling fixes the issue?

Watching from my Apple TV, when I go the activate website neither xfinity or Comcast are options.

are you getting an error message? did you try calling 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to perform a UDB account refresh?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I had the same scenario. Had to re-verify my HBOGO account on Apple TV, when to the activation website on my phone and neither Comcast nor Xfinity was listed under More Providers (which I thought was weird - how could there be more if I cant choose any to begin with?) Tried it again on my computer and this morning and a graphic with the logos of Spectrum, Xfinity, Fios, etc popped up and was able to click Xfinity and finish signing in there. 

TL;DR : Try the hbogo.com/activate on your computer on various web browsers and wait for the main list of cable providers to appear!