Community Forum

HBO GO erratic log in loop

Regular Visitor

HBO GO erratic log in loop

Hi,

I can't log into HBO GO. I click on Log In on the HBO GO website and it asks me for the provider. I click on Xfinity, and it takes me to an Xfinity website that asks me if I want to add HBO. I click on "Add now", as there is absolutely nothing else to click on. It takes me back to the HBO GO website, but I'm still not logged in. I'm back to square one, where I hit Sign In again and it asks again for my provider.

Can someone PLEASE fix this glitch? It's been going on for a while, and from what I've read in the forums, a lot of people have this same problem. I haven't been able to access HBO since March.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: HBO GO erratic log in loop

Hello @sascari. I have responded to your duplicate post about this located: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Can-t-stream-HBO-on-laptop/m-p/2936254#M72803

New Poster

Hello,

I, too, am having this login loop.  Can you, please, help?

Thank you

New Poster

I am having this same issue. I have been experiencing this problem for weeks and it is infuriating considering what I pay for your services. Please assist me.

New Poster

I had exactly same problem. Been happening for 4 weeks. Went to store and they couldn't help.

Last night I called technical support and described the problem. They asked me to do it multiple times, including changing browsers, etc.

Just when I thought this wasn't going to get fixed, the tech support person said that he figured it out: something about my account not being synced with their list or something like that. He said he has to update it, but it'll take an hour.

I went to sleep, this morning I received a follow-up phone call from Comcast to verify if things have been fixed. I just tried it and it DID! No more hbo-loop-limbo!

(Separately, I had a problem with the tv box, and they just reset that and it worked. Given all the horror stories I hear about Comcast tech support, I was pleseantly surprised to have both problems fixed by one call!)

New Poster

THIS IS THE FIX FOR THIS ISSUE...

The problem is that there is a mismatch between user IDs in the system. The Advanced Repair Department can fix this; standard Support was unable to do this.

1. Get to the Advanced Repair Department

2. Have them re-synch your username in the system (my technician said he deleted my username; saved; then, reentered the username)

That's it. Months of not being able to login are now instantly fixed.