Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream

Administrator

Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream

World Cup Stream.JPG

The world’s largest soccer tournament kicks off Thursday, June 14, 2018 with the final match on Sunday, July 15, 2018. All Xfinity credentialed customers (including HSD-Only customers) will have access to some of the action via the XFINITY Stream site and app for FREE during FIFA World Cup 2018.

Log onto the XFINITY Stream website (https://tv.xfinity.com/) or download the app. Sign in with your Xfinity My Account credentials. The special collection of content for this event will be in the featured tiles upon logging in.

Available content includes:

Provider

Content Type

Date(s)

Description

FOX

Live linear streaming

6/16

•      Live free preview of FS1 available for all day

VOD

6/16-6/23

•      Full game replays of three matches

•      France-Australia

•      Peru-Denmark

•      Croatia-Nigeria

Telemundo

VOD

6/14-8/14

•      8-minute recaps of 43 group stage games

Short-form clips

6/14-8/14

•      100+ clips of ancillary pre-game and post-game content

Frequently Asked Questions:

I don’t have a video subscription but am an Xfinity internet subscriber. Am I able to watch any content during the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

All you need is your Xfinity credentials and access to Xfinity Stream via app or web (https://tv.xfinity.com/). A video subscription will be needed to continue enjoying a large portion of this content.

Am I able to watch live content during 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Yes. The Fox Network is providing a free preview of Live Fox Sports 1 (FS1) FIFA World Cup content all day Saturday, 06/16/18.

Can the content be viewed out of home?

Yes, some content can be accessed via Xfinity Stream app and web from both inside and outside the home.

For more FIFA World Cup information see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/FIFA-World-Cup-2018-on-Xfinity/td-p/3102257

New Poster

Re: Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream

Quality of Telemundo (added it to my Stream package) is horrible. Will this be improved? Pixelated images that are slow and freeze. Note that other video streaming services work just fine on the same set up.

New Poster

1 day free is making lots of customers unhappy
Administrator

@kariglio wrote:

Quality of Telemundo (added it to my Stream package) is horrible. Will this be improved? Pixelated images that are slow and freeze. Note that other video streaming services work just fine on the same set up.

@kariglio,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize that you may be experiencing some issues with streaming Telemundo, we are happy to assist. Can you let us know how you were attempting to stream that content (on our website/Xfinity Stream App or via Telemundo's website/app)? Also, what Telemundo game were you attempting to watch where you experienced this issue. 

Answer to these questions will help us to resolve this for you as soon as possible. Thanks again for posting your question, we look forward to hearing your response. 

Administrator

@lado007 wrote:
1 day free is making lots of customers unhappy

@lado007,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are offering all the content listed below to our Internet Only customers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup:

Provider

Content Type

Date(s)

Description

FOX

Live linear streaming

6/16

•      Live free preview of FS1 available for all day

VOD

6/16-6/23

•      Full game replays of three matches

•      France-Australia

•      Peru-Denmark

•      Croatia-Nigeria

Telemundo

VOD

6/14-8/14

•      8-minute recaps of 43 group stage games

Short-form clips

6/14-8/14

•      100+ clips of ancillary pre-game and post-game content

This was done in an effort to provide our non-television subscribers the ability to catch some of the 2018 FIFA World Cup action.

There is more content and games available to stream for our television customers during the tournament, feel free to read more about that here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/FIFA-World-Cup-2018-on-Xfinity/td-p/3102257. 

We apologize again for the inconvenience this may have caused. 

New Poster

What is going on with the World Cup coverage?!?!?!

I logged in to watch the Sweden match live this morning, and FS1 was gone. Just gone, though it had been there in my list of channels before. There was no broadcast of the match available except Telemundo. 

There have been problems with viewing matches the whole tournament. The recordings sometimes don't work. Some matches don't show up in the replays. When you posted the replays for the TWO matches that went to extra time, NEITHER of them had the entire match -- they just cut off after two hours, even though there was still another hour of gameplay after that.

All of this could be simple oversight (though I don't know why no one is paying attention since this is a major international sporting event and likely the reason that many people have subscribed to Xfinity Stream).

But you have inentionally chosen to ruin the tournament by POSTING THE RESULTS of matches on the Xfinity Stream homepage. I have by now logged in several times to view a match replay, or a match I had recorded, only to have the match ruined for me - I can't get to the matches without clicking through a page that has a giant image proclaiming who won the match. WHY????????? The matches are taking place in the middle of the work day. Many people have to watch them after they air live. I carefully avoid learning about the outcome all day, only to come home and have the match spoiled by the very service that's supposed to allow me to watch it. 

New Poster

Yeah Comcast Xfinity is Piece of Sheet, I am cancelling my service right now