Community Forum

Filtering shows by Most Recent isn't accurate

Frequent Visitor

Filtering shows by Most Recent isn't accurate

When I change the filter to "Most Recent" under tv shows (both from my saved favorites and when looking at all shows), it alters the arrangement but still doesn't filter them by the most recent episode that aired. Right now it will show a couple episodes, which I've already seen and show "watched", in front of a brand new episode that was just added today. Sometimes it will have the entire top row full of episodes that are older than the newer episodes below them on the "Most Recent" list. Is there a way to correct this so that the list will show new episodes I haven't watched yet first, or just simply arranged by date it aired?

Administrator

Re: Filtering shows by Most Recent isn't accurate

@OnlyNameLeft,

We apologize for the confusion. This is actually functioning as designed. Most recent on TV means when the show started airing not the most recent episode.

I hope this addresses your concern. If you have any additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know here. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for replying. That seems like a strange way to arrange episodes that are saved as favorites. Is there an option that will allow me to sort my saved favorite shows by most recent episode, or at least have the shows I saved that have unwatched episodes show up first? The only other option is clicking each one to see if a new show has aired (I'll take the blame for having bad memory and not always remembering which show airs on what day, but I do watch a few different shows).

But, if Most Recent sorts by when the shows started airing, it is not doing that correctly either. It has a brand new show, followed by long-running shows, then shows in 2nd or 3rd seasons, then a show with 16 seasons almost at the end, which should be the near the top according to when the show first started airingxfinity.png

Frequent Visitor

@

Frequent Visitor

Please provide an adequate answer to my previous question instead of simply typing an answer

Misanswered question

The answer does not make sense. Arranging by most recent should be the most recent episodes that aired. Even if they arrange by the show's original airing date (premier date, which is illogical), it is still not being filtered correct.

xfinity.png
Expert

Re: Please provide an adequate answer to my previous question instead of simply typing an answer

moved reply to original post thread

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Please provide an adequate answer to my previous question instead of simply typing an answer

I appreciate you noticing my question, which has still not been answered. I made a seperate thread becuase simply adding a new comment under the original question was not getting an answer. 

I still have not received an answer on the Most Recent filtering of My Saved Shows and would appreciate a way to fitler the shows I have saved as favorites by the ones with unwatched episodes first, or at least arranged by the most recent episode date instead of the shows original air date (which is not working either). I will post a new question about this, but reword it so it remains a seperate question as intended.