Community Forum

Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch

Regular Visitor

Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch

Getting this error, likely due to an old Xfinity account that isn't being used anymore but is still tied to my login. Every solution on the forums has said to "private message" a support employee but I'm not seeing that option on any of their profiles, so I'm making a new post. Thanks.

Expert

Re: Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch

@noodlz wrote:

Getting this error, likely due to an old Xfinity account that isn't being used anymore but is still tied to my login. Every solution on the forums has said to "private message" a support employee but I'm not seeing that option on any of their profiles, so I'm making a new post. Thanks.

to see the PM option you must login first (the sign in link at top of each forum page on the right side). you can call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to make your login username only point to your current account/address. if the agent can't do it or doesn't understand, ask for a supervisor. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I was logged in, that's how I was able to post this thread. There's no PM button.

Regular Visitor

Official Employee

Hi, noodlz! Your PM feature is enabled. I can help you with ftde.provision.accountMismatch error. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

go to account settings, then usernames, passwords and pins.  Change your username.  

Official Employee

@Duenwald1234 - Change the username may not resolve an issue. One of the troubleshooting steps is to create a new username. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.