Community Forum

Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch

New Poster

Getting this error when attempting to watch TV online on two different devices (one PC, one Mac), even though I can watch TV without issue on my phone through the website (not the app).

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch

Hello, tavarilyn,

There are two scenarios where this typically occurs.

Scenario 1: Using a username from an account that is subscribed to TV service, but linked to manage a second account. The username which is linked to another account cannot be used to stream. A secondary username will need to be created to stream TV, or the link on that primary username to manage the additional account must be removed by an Comcast Advanced Repair agent.

Scenario 2: Using a username from an account that does not subscribe to TV service but is linked to manage an account that has TV service. In this case, you would be unable to use the TV service from the first account despite being able to manage other aspects the account with this username. To stream TV service, a username would have to be created on the account that is subscribed to TV service.

If you were say, using a username that was created from your vacation home account to try to stream services from your annual homes account, no linking will make that work - you'd need to use a username from the annual home account to watch TV.

It's surprising to hear it works on your phone, both because it is expected that regardless of where you try to stream, it will fail due to being linked to another account. It is also surprising because you are using the website - mobile phones generally fail to load the streaming site and instead direct you to use the application.

If neither of these scenarios ring a bell, please reach out to Comcast to investigate.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I'll contact Comcast directly. Streaming TV was working on my PC, then that stopped. At which point it worked on my Mac, now that has also stopped. Currently it works on my phone... I expect that to stop as well. Smiley Wink We'll see if Comcast can't get it sorted out for me. Thank you for the speedy reply!!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, tavarilyn!

I would be more than happy to help you with this issue. Can you please send me a Private Message with your first and last name as well as the username you are logging in with so I can assist?

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

tavarilyn, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!