Community Forum

Error ftde.0001 - Can't Watch TV on Xfinity Website

Contributor

Re: A possible Solution (SOLVED?)

Thansk for letting us know .... I tried it but it didn't work for me.

Regular Visitor

Re: Error ftde.0001 - Can't Watch TV on Xfinity Website

I identified a definitive answer in my case. I can resolve and then recreate the issue by making changes to my DNS.

I cannot say that this is the issue for all involved, but, in my case, my local Comcast is null routing my DNS server, which is pointing to cloudflare (1.1.1.1).

if you are using 1.1.1.1, you can verify this by entering that in your browser and seeing that it does not resolve. I saw a related issue in another post that was unrelated to this error.  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/Cloudflare-1-1-1-1-DNS-Unreachable-From-Nashville/td-...

While I am in Fernandina Beach Florida, I have the same issue. I'd love for Comcast to resolve this issue, I implemented a temporary solution by changing my DNS server back to Google (8.8.8.8).

New Poster

You are a genius man! That is it. What the heck does Comcast have against Cloudflare

Frequent Visitor

Thank you worked for me also. 

Silver Problem Solver

@Smuggler2112 wrote:

I've had the same problem for two days. 1st level support is worthless. Higher level is supposed to call in 1-2 hours. Tried everything cleared cache(lame excuse). Neither chrome, IE or edge works. Mablie app wasn't working either. After updating Xfinity stream app it started to work on my phone.

-Boulder, CO

What OS and browser are you using?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I tried using Comcansts DNS, Cloudfares and Google's but I still have the problem. But I only changed the IP4 DNS. Did you change the IP6 also? 

Contributor

Hey  celilo1

I changed both my IP4 and IP6 DNS back to Comcast then rebotted and it worked for me.  

Then I went through the exercise of changing my IP4 to Google and leaving the IP6 to Comcast and it worked. Then I changed th eIP6 to Google and it still worked. But as soon as I changed the IP4 to Cloudflares, it no longer worked. I didn't bother with changing the IP6. 

So you definately found it. Thanks for posting. 
New Poster

This is the correct answer. switched my DNS back to 8.8.8.8 and it worked fine. bums at comcast got an issue with Cloudflare. Probably want to us to get tracked more

New Poster

Just reset my router to have the dns set automatically obtain from isp. It set to Comcast’s 75.75.75.75 refreshed the page and it’s working now. Used to be using cloud flares 1.1.1.1 and was having the same issue on all devices in the house. Just started happening 3 days ago. Guess Comcast wants us to use a less reliable dns and control.
Regular Visitor

As others have alluded in this thread,  this is clearly an intentional act by Comcast to keep people from using an alternate DNS service that offers a secure client that prevents Comcast from tracking your DNS activity, even though most people are not likely using the secure client anyway.

Clearly an anti privacy and anti-competitive strategy. Comcast doesn't block major internet company urls by accident.

Frequent Visitor

Ahhh!!!! 

That's gotta be it....checking now..

Yup.   Thanks for the great insight!

Frequent Visitor

I just did both to make sure. Solved it.

New Poster

Re: Error ftde.0001 - Can't Watch TV on Xfinity Website (really fixed for me)

Did not work for me 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error ftde.0001 - Can't Watch TV on Xfinity Website (really fixed for me)

@Guinefort Try using auto DNS settings(as opposed to google DNS), otherwise, this might actually be a cache issue for you?

Regular Visitor

Same finding. I was using Cloudflare as DNS in router. Switched to Google (which I don't trust) and it works fine now. Using a Mac. Have to make sure DNS in System Preferences matches. This is totally a Comcast decision. Started on 8/24/18 for me. 

New Poster

swithched to google dns and it works....why couldn't xfinity tell be that

New Poster

New Poster

New Poster

This was the issue. Thank you so very much

New Poster

Pointing to a different DNS server is not an acceptable answer.  This is an outage as far as I'm concerned and reflects incredibly poorly on Comast.

New Poster

This was indeed the fix for this error..  Set back to automatic configuration, stream site and xfinity mail work again now.. Totally forgot I had set cloudflare as my dns. Of course they black list this dns they want to see what you torrent

Contributor

Well ..... 1.1.1.1 won't work with any of Comcast's sites BUT I found that it still works for any other sites. I prefer it becuase it's faster.

You could always go over to Googles DNS. https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

New Poster

It is doing it on both of my browsers .. Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH MY SHOWS AT WORK?! jk, but seriously!

Official Employee

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH MY SHOWS AT WORK?! jk, but seriously!

LOL, I feel ya, FERFER1220. Have you tried watching on chrome while in incognito mode? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!