Community Forum

Error ftde.0001 - Are you using Cloudflare's DNS? Try switching to Googles DNS or back to Comcast's

Contributor

Error ftde.0001 - Are you using Cloudflare's DNS? Try switching to Googles DNS or back to Comcast's

I've been having this problem for a few days and if you're reading this you probably are too. Here's a possible work around that was posted in another  thread by celilo1. It was a nice bit of detective work.

Short Answer - Check your IP4 DNS setings and switch to Google or back to Comcast is you're using Cloudflair

If you read the thread https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Error-ftde-0001-Can-t-Watch-TV-on-Xfinity-Websi...

several of us have switched from Cloudflare to Google or back to Comcast's default and that has resolved the issue. In my case, I only needed to change the IP4 settings. IP6 didn't seem to have any impact. I went with Google over Comcast because it's faster for me. Same was true for Cloudflare.  

Here is his/her posting highlighting the solution. 

celilo1

New Poster
Re: Error ftde.0001 - Can't Watch TV on Xfinity Website

I identified a definitive answer in my case. I can resolve and then recreate the issue by making changes to my DNS.

I cannot say that this is the issue for all involved, but, in my case, my local Comcast is null routing my DNS server, which is pointing to cloudflare (1.1.1.1).

if you are using 1.1.1.1, you can verify this by entering that in your browser and seeing that it does not resolve. I saw a related issue in another post that was unrelated to this error.  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/Cloudflare-1-1-1-1-DNS-Unreachable-From-Nashville/td-...

While I am in Fernandina Beach Florida, I have the same issue. I'd love for Comcast to resolve this issue, I implemented a temporary solution by changing my DNS server back to Google (8.8.8.8).

Contributor

Re: Error ftde.0001 - Are you using Cloudflare's DNS? Try switching to Googles DNS or back to Comcas

Google DNS info ..

In the DNS servers field, enter the Google Public DNS IP addresses, separated by a comma: For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4. For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.