Community Forum

Error TVAPP-00406

New Poster

Error TVAPP-00406

Just about any show I try to play away from home on xfinity stream gets me this error message: Error TVAPP-00406. I tried clearing my cookies and my cache, I tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge), I tried logging out and logging back in...

I thought it may just be a temporary bug that Comcast would fix, but it's now been 3 days. Any resolution??

Expert

Re: Error TVAPP-00406

@S54321 wrote:

Just about any show I try to play away from home on xfinity stream gets me this error message: Error TVAPP-00406. I tried clearing my cookies and my cache, I tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge), I tried logging out and logging back in...

I thought it may just be a temporary bug that Comcast would fix, but it's now been 3 days. Any resolution??

were you using cell data via a tether? are you in USA? did you turn any VPN running off? were you watching live TVgo channels? on-demand? recorded shows? did you try rebooting the PC? Did you try running the Xfinity Stream TV app on a smart device in the same location to see if the problem exists in another device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

My XfinityStream is not working either...I can log in but cannot see any channels.  I am using the web/ Safari browser...MAC computer

Expert

@XShanTV wrote:

My XfinityStream is not working either...I can log in but cannot see any channels.  I am using the web/ Safari browser...MAC computer

did you try the Chrome browser (set flash to always - safe and sandboxed and built in to Chrome). works? were you using cell data via a tether? are you in USA? did you turn any VPN running off? were you watching live TVgo channels? on-demand? recorded shows? did you try rebooting the PC? Did you try running the Xfinity Stream TV app on a smart device in the same location to see if the problem exists in another device?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

im getting this same erro message  with heartland season 9  a matter of trust 

New Poster

I've used Xfinity streaming services for at least a year. Every so often, the streaming from Xfinity gets buggy and I receive the Error TVAPP=00406 - Interestingly enough, this error code is mentioned in numerous forum messages yet it is NOT recognized by the Xfinity Streaming troubleshooter.  I have called customer service numerous times. They pretend they fix it by having me go thru resetting computers, routers, and their side.  It will work while they are connected via phone.  During this time, cable reception is fine.  There will also be a short period (immediately after the Error code) where I am unable to browse the web, as the browser is unable to find the DNS address for whatever site I am trying to access, including xfinity.

The problem is on THEIR end. Since I am not a rep, I simply cannot tell you what the issue is.  The signal drops for whatever reason. Since the signal for BOTH internet and CABLE come thru the SAME pipe, So, the issue points to THEIR end. 

From past experience, EVENTUALLY they fix the problem and I can again stream TV shows to my laptop via wireless connection. (The issue IS not from my router to my laptop as this also happens with my wired desktop.)

Until Xfinity ADMITS the issue and RECOGNIZES the error code, we are all stuck having to wait until THEY fix the issue, It's up to you whether you call or not. Not worth it in my honest opinion. Go do something ELSE and check back periodically for problem to be solved. Not much else you CAN DO (except CHANGE providers)

New Poster

I noticed that the streaming only works on my work laptop if I am on company VPN.

Silver Problem Solver

@norcal1 wrote:

I noticed that the streaming only works on my work laptop if I am on company VPN.

What device(s) and browsers don't work?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

holy mother of pearl.  had this issue for about 3 weeks after I moved.  spent 10+ hours on the phone with over a dozen comcast employees and was getting ready to either cancel comast or throw myself off the roof.

issue was resolved tonight after a 3+ hour marathon session that involved numerous calls (got dropped by comcast customer service 3 times, once while I was complaining about being dropped).  tier 2 person who i was escalated to had me create a new/additional user ID and log in through that. 

She had me go to "My Account", navigate to the add new user (it's under "manage users" or something like that)  and add a new user ID. The system has you go through a few hopps for setting up password, security question, billing permissions and whatnot but when I was done I logged out of all devices, logged back in w/ the new ID/passowrd, and voila! 

Some background on my case.  I had recently moved and set up a new account at our new address and then someone at Xfinity linked my old account to my new account.  They both shared the same user name (which may be what caused the issue as I tried to tell everyone after the 3rd or 4th person I talked to).  On my desktop, I was able to access a "Diagnostics" screen which provided some more info on the error code (which was TVAPP-00217).  Aside from windows version, browser, etc., it also listed my status as "away from home" even though I was at home.  

I don't know if that will work for everyone but it worked for me and thought I would share since I can personally attest to how frustratng it can be to havce this resolved.

New Poster

Rustyben, did you even read her post?

She answered almost every one of your questions.

I have the same problem. AT HOME, on my laptop, trying to stream.  TV works fine, phone app works fine, internet is connected fine. Tried all browsers available, cleared cache, restarted, etc. Still get the same error code :

Error TVAPP-00406

To date, not one person knows what this is, why it is there, or how to fix it.