Community Forum

(Error TVAPP-00206)

New Poster

(Error TVAPP-00206)

I am unable to watch NFL today on my computer. It's the first time I've had this happen. Already googled solutions to no avail. Anyone out there tell me what to do?

Thank you

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: (Error TVAPP-00206) for Live TV at Xfinity Stream Portal with Computer

@Scot69 wrote:

I am unable to watch NFL today on my computer. It's the first time I've had this happen. Already googled solutions to no avail. Anyone out there tell me what to do?

Thank you

Same issue here just recently on my desktops (Win7 Pro with Firefox).

Weird thing though is that all the TvGo Channels still play "Live" using Win7 and the latest Firefox just fine as does OnDemand (even an older WinXP machine w/Firefox ESR) on my Desktops via the xfinity streaming portal.

It is only the streaming portal's Live In-Home listings for all the SD and HD TV channels which generate the TVAPP-00206 Error in my area as of recently.

The difference being that watching live the In-Home channels on a Desktop computer thru the xfinity stream portal does not draw down your monthly downloaded data cap, whereas using TvGo channels does indeed eat into your downloaded data cap.

Lots of other postings here in other threads have left Comcast to conclude the TVAPP-00206 Error issue is/was nationwide and they've been working region by region to sort things out successfully in some areas.

Apparently have not fixed my area yet in the PacNW near Portland.

However, not much of a concern for me as I've never used more than 5-10% of my monthly download cap over the years, and I don't use any wireless devices in or outside of the home (other than a non-smart cell phone for voice and text when out of the house).

So that is my temporary workaround, thus you might try the TvGo channels and post back if they do play "Live" in your area.

Good luck from eecon1

Regular Contributor

Re: (Error TVAPP-00206)

@Scot69 wrote:

Thank you

My appologies if I missed any updates on this issue while traveling, but has anyone found a posted repair status for this recent Error TVAPP-00206 being generated in some regions on some PC's at home trying when to watch In-Home live TV thru the Portal (yet all the TvGo channels live and On-Demand still work okay ... for me at least .... on the same wired PC connection)?  Thanks folks.