Community Forum

(Error TVAPP-00206) - Almost All Live Stream Channels Not Working across MULTIPLE PCs

New Poster

(Error TVAPP-00206) - Almost All Live Stream Channels Not Working across MULTIPLE PCs

(Error TVAPP-00206)

Ive posted replies in another forum of an issue that appears to be happening to a lot of people.  Im unable to stream almost all channels (a few work - TNT, ABC).  Also noted that all of the "TVGO" channels seem to work, but the problem is that TVGO doesnt list ALL channels.

Ive tried on multiple browsers, tried clearing cookies, cache, history, even tried on multiple household PCs and it works on NONE of them, yet all of the same channels work fine on portable devices (Samsung tab & phones).  So, this is obviously tied to a windows desktop issue.  Everything worked perfectly fine a week or so ago, and ever since then it NEVER WORKS.  PLEASE HELP COMCAST!  Im paying for service that I am NOT receiving!

Screenshot of error below:

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Firefox 63.0
Flash version
Status
in home
Entitlements
cvod, tve-vod, clinear, est, transactions, tve-linear
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_5.2.0_prod_1541382140002_50139
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
tvgrid/listing/2001958711050120109/detail/?channelId=7114456485513432104
Stream ID
tag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:8859703174090591117:chNum:1011:callSign:WXIAD#stream:format:HLS
Error code
TVAPP-00206
Error description
Loading of the specified resource has failed
Error aux info
http://ccr.linear-vin-ga-pil-red.xcr.comcast.net/WXIAD_HD_VINdGA_11270_0_6108877978320289163.m3u8?fo...
Video Provider
1011 WXIAD
Video Source
TVListingDetail
Video Title
Green Bay Packers at New England Patriots

Frequent Visitor

Re: (Error TVAPP-00206) - Almost All Live Stream Channels Not Working across MULTIPLE PCs

I'm having the same problem. Can't seem to watch any live programming via Xfinity Stream.

New Poster

Re: (Error TVAPP-00206) - Almost All Live Stream Channels Not Working across MULTIPLE PCs

Customer service rep told me on the phone that they do not have an error code like the one we are receiving (Error TVAPP-00206) so she thought it was an internal error code produced from my desktop computer.  This is the second service they have offerred and now are currently denying or claiming ignorance of with no warning or explanation.   Tempts me to go back to rooftop antenna.

Silver Problem Solver

@mgjcpa6127 wrote:

Customer service rep told me on the phone that they do not have an error code like the one we are receiving (Error TVAPP-00206) so she thought it was an internal error code produced from my desktop computer.  This is the second service they have offerred and now are currently denying or claiming ignorance of with no warning or explanation.   Tempts me to go back to rooftop antenna.

Did you use the search bar at the top of this forum?  I found lots and lots of them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am having the same problem on all Macs in my house.  It works just fine on my iphone. 

New Poster

Hope they change this but I noticed that every network with an app will not stream in browser with Xfinity, Cox and so on. Every network with no streaming app works fine. I just decided no CBS, Fox, Peachtree TV, PBS for me. Never been a fan of ABC but it streams in browser so I have years of catching up to do and will watch current shows of CBS and NBC next year on youtube. 

New Poster

The same is happening to me. Majority of the live channels will not work on my home computer (MacBook Pro) but will work on ipad, this problem starting occuring only a week or so ago. Comcast HELP with this issue! 

New Poster

Having the same issue. Almost everything from 201 to 700 is missing. Using Chrome but Safari and streaming app on iphone show the same. Searching for CNBC only gives me archived shows. If I watch one of the channels available, and use last watched link at bottom to CNBC or MSNBC I get: 

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming .

(Error player.noPlayableID)

If I browse to my account and view channels they're missing there as well.

New Poster

My live TV IS WORKING "NOW" but it did during the day yesterday, but not last night, so I will be trying again tonight and report back to this forum.  Maybe it only workd during the day when we are all working?

New Poster

My service seems to be working in the morning, but I just checked it at 3pm and still get blocked.  Absolutely incredible.

New Poster

Im STILL HAVING THIS ISSUE (going on 3 weeks now)

Comcast, are you going to do ANYTHING about this?  Why even have a forum if nobody from Comcast even reads or responds to posts?

Whay am I surprised.......

New Poster

While on chat with support, LiveTV streaming just mysteriously started working again. They claimed they did not do anything. I reminded them this has not worked in the last week and just not intermittent.
Support response  "Refreshing your account allows us to sync up billing codes with your home. There should be no impact regarding the services running in the home. This is a good path to getting a resolution to you. I have not proceeded with the refresh yet. It seems like you may have been experiencing an intermittent issue."

I should be a "case study" for this company to review how broken their customer support is...

Expert

@RodSurfer wrote:

While on chat with support, LiveTV streaming just mysteriously started working again. They claimed they did not do anything. I reminded them this has not worked in the last week and just not intermittent.
Support response  "Refreshing your account allows us to sync up billing codes with your home. There should be no impact regarding the services running in the home. This is a good path to getting a resolution to you. I have not proceeded with the refresh yet. It seems like you may have been experiencing an intermittent issue."

I should be a "case study" for this company to review how broken their customer support is...

customer service can't fix the issue as it appears to be server related. There has been no resolution to the 206 error that has happened in small areas to a few customers for a few months. It only affects web streaming. Using a capable Apple or Android smart device will work correctly until issue is resolved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It doen't work on apple or android devices, Roku or PC browser either. Looking at the numerous complaints over a long period of time suggest they need to hire better network engineers.

Official Employee

tollow wrote: It doen't work on apple or android devices, Roku or PC browser either. Looking at the numerous complaints over a long period of time suggest they need to hire better network engineers.

Hi, do you notice issues when streaming live content only or do you get the same error message when watching on demand content? Are you connected to your home network when streaming? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

My issue has been with Live streaming (i have not tried on-demand lately)

Official Employee

Jaypp1 wrote: My issue has been with Live streaming (i have not tried on-demand lately)

This error is a back office timeout error, this happens when you request a certain channel and the system on the back end fails to get the request or has issue with delivering the content. Does the error message show up each time you try and watch live TV, or is the issue intermittent? Are you connected to your Home Network? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Wow, was on the phone with Comcast to speak to someone about this issue that Ive been having for nearly 3 weeks now.  Of course, the Customer Service agenet was of ZERO (actually less than zero) help.  He wanted to troubleshoot my modem, even after I explained that ALL of my internet activity is perfectly fine (130mbps actual speeds) and that the ONLY issue I was experiencing was NOT being able to Stream COMCAST live content (Hulu works perfectly fine).  He offered no solutions or status.

And...the kicker is that he offered me a whopping $1.99 (and he wouldnt budge on that numer) to compensate me for my outage and experience.  HAHAHA...$1.99...I cant make this stuff up.

Kudos again for the excellent custome rservice Comcast!  And you wonder why you continue to receive such dismal customer service reviews...

Official Employee

All - 

After researching this further, it looks like this is a known issue. We are working to resolve this as fast as possible, and I apologize for the inconvenience. 

New Poster

Just happened to me 2 minutes ago (9.58 PM CST on Feb 11, 2019.) watching the end of MANIFEST.  It has also happened to me a number of times in the last week.