Community Forum

Error TVAPP-00100

Frequent Visitor

Error TVAPP-00100

For the last several weeks I've been getting this ridliclious error message that is either an indication of just how lazy Comcast developers are, or how clueless support is, pick your poison.  Please don't reply with the standard faire of "We're sorry this is not the experience we desire for you." and just fix the problem!  Clearing browser cache isn't the answer which can be clearly proven by using "In Congnito Mode" of any browser. 

Looking for a solution here, not to be walked through useless steps that are simply a waste of time and don't actually resolve the issue.

Thank you.  -Eric

Expert

Re: Error TVAPP-00100

@ArchLinuxFan wrote:

For the last several weeks I've been getting this ridliclious error message that is either an indication of just how lazy Comcast developers are, or how clueless support is, pick your poison.  Please don't reply with the standard faire of "We're sorry this is not the experience we desire for you." and just fix the problem!  Clearing browser cache isn't the answer which can be clearly proven by using "In Congnito Mode" of any browser. 

Looking for a solution here, not to be walked through useless steps that are simply a waste of time and don't actually resolve the issue.

Thank you.  -Eric

would you check your laptop's network configuration GUI and reply back with your primary DNS entry?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@ArchLinuxFan wrote:

Thank you.  -Eric

would you check your laptop's network configuration GUI and reply back with your primary DNS entry?

I'm not sure this matters as the issue presents itself both when being connected to my work VPN and disconnented from it which alters the DNS settings.

Off work VPN - Primary DNS: 75.75.75.75 (Comcast)

On work VPN - Primary DNS: 10.2.217.17 (Work's Internal DNS)

Please note that this has, in the past, despite my configuration worked perfectly.  It's only recently that I've started seeing the annoying error message mentioned previously.

Thank you for your assistance!

-Eric

Official Employee

Hello ArchLinuxFan. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. Please tell us at what point are you receiving this error. Screenshots will help as well. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Simply attempting to stream from the browser.  A screen shot isn't going to be all that useful, but, here you go anyway.  Note it's the EXACT same error message I provided in these tickets.

2019-06-06_8-30-30-0000.pngUseless screen shot for the win.

Please correct this as the amount I pay you each and every month means your service really ought to be working.  This problem has been occurring for several weeks now and the error message presented is just complete rubbish!  You guys really need to do a better job here!!!!  No offense, but, this is just yet another reason why I loathe Comcast/Xfinity and suffice it to say if I had another choice it wouldn't EVER be you.

-Eric

New Poster

Has anyone received an anwser on how to fix this error from Comcast

Silver Problem Solver

@LJG4 wrote:

Has anyone received an anwser on how to fix this error from Comcast

Is this any help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @ArchLinuxFan, and @LJG4

I'd be happy to take a deeper look into this for you. Can you please verify the following in a private message: 

• Your first and last name 
  • Username/e-mail used for sign in 
  • Device make and model
  • Android or iPhone OS/ iOS (be specific) 
  • For Android users only – default browser
  • App version (found in Settings (gear icon) at the bottom of the page) 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.