Community Forum

Error 0001: Failed to retrieve homepage

Frequent Visitor

Error 0001: Failed to retrieve homepage

tv.xfinity.com will not load.  Most of the time it gives me "Error 0001: Failed to retrieve homepage" and tells me to clear my cache, but I've done that multiple times without change.  Other times, it gets stuck in a never ending cycle of "adding device."  It's been going on for the last 4 hours.

Regular Contributor

Re: Error 0001: Failed to retrieve homepage

I'm getting

Xfinity

Xfinity

Xfinity

Now connecting to your entertainment experience

and then nothing

Frequent Visitor

Just now I got:

Sorry, we're having some trouble

XFINITY TV is not available at the moment

Please try back soon

(Error xacsa.getSamlToken.503: FatalDrmError)

Going on 5 hours without the ability to access my DVR online.

Edit: Just refreshed and it's back to the Error 0001: Failed to retrieve homepage, and telling me to clear my cache.

Regular Contributor

This has been happening for at least a week now.

Sorry, we're having some trouble

XFINITY® TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

Regular Visitor

This is exacty what is happening to me. It was actually working fine and then I had a power outage for all of 5 seconds and I am having all 3 of the same problems as you. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Contributor

Getting the same error "Error 0001: Failed to retrieve homepage" and I've cleared the cache several times and verified it's empty. Also rebooted the computer. Before getting the error I got a heartbeat error and each time hit the retry and it came back quickly. Now I can't get anything but the Error 0001.

Contributor

Hi SB7 - I'm having the same problem, and apparently (looking at the time stamp of your post) starting at about the same time ~ Haven't figured it out but perhaps it helps to know that you're not alone in this ...

New Poster

I am also receiving this error message today. Really frustrating as our regular tv just died today and I was going to stream to my PC until we get a new tv.

Contributor

I'm using IE11 so tried Firefox and same thing. Guess I'm done for the eve.

New Poster

same.  anyone have a solution?  please

i've cleared my cache.  safari and chrome.  keep getting the same error message

Regular Visitor

Update: I just got it working. I checked the app on my phone to see if that was working and it didn't actually seem like it. I got the spinning wheel for about 30 seconds, Then I clicked around a bit and it eventually started working. I then reloaded on my computer and it started working as well. 

Not sure if going on my phone actually affected anything or if it just corrected itself on its own. Probably just on its own but I figured I'd share that

Contributor

Just tried it on my Windows 10 machine and get same error. Never connected to Comcast with Windows 10. Must be a Comcast problem, not our machines problem.

Regular Visitor

Update to the update: I did get through to the actual streaming platform but the live tv isn't loading just the recordings. I assume this means Comcast is working on it. Hopefully they finish before Better Call Saul.

Contributor

Hi SB7 ~ encouraged by your success I tried afain and ... it worked (after the dreaded 'adding device' prompt, but, hey - It's Working Smiley Happy ... for now ... - have a good one !

New Poster

Still getting this error after trying and clearing cache on IE, Chrome, and Firefox. It is definitely on the Comcast end, is there anyone else still not able to connect? Hopefully we get an update/fix soon.
New Poster

I have the same issue, can access Xfinity but cannot stream.  Same issue happens on Desktop, laptopn & iPhone.  Issue appears to be on the Comcast side.

Contributor

Just started to work. Too bad I missed half the hockey game. Didn't do anything different.

New Poster

I just chatted with Comcast/Xfinity there is a maintenance issue on their end.