Community Forum

Duplicate channels on Instant TV - get "Recording Conflict" when trying to record on either channel

Frequent Visitor

Duplicate channels on Instant TV - get "Recording Conflict" when trying to record on either channel

I have a problem with my Instant TV channels, and I don't know who to contact to fix it because the Comcast reps I get via phone don't actually know anything about the "Instant TV" product.

I'm in zip code 32656 (Clay County), and channels 433 and 1047 are BOTH of local CBS affiliate WJAX (in HD) .  Most of the time when I try to set recording of a program on either 433 or 1047, I get a "Recording Conflict" error. There's one particular program that I seem to never be able to get recorded. This started maybe two or three months ago.

Can someone please help to correct this channel conflict? Thanks.

Expert

Re: Duplicate channels on Instant TV - get "Recording Conflict" when trying to record on e

@jwohara wrote:

I have a problem with my Instant TV channels, and I don't know who to contact to fix it because the Comcast reps I get via phone don't actually know anything about the "Instant TV" product.

I'm in zip code 32656 (Clay County), and channels 433 and 1047 are BOTH of local CBS affiliate WJAX (in HD) .  Most of the time when I try to set recording of a program on either 433 or 1047, I get a "Recording Conflict" error. There's one particular program that I seem to never be able to get recorded. This started maybe two or three months ago.

Can someone please help to correct this channel conflict? Thanks.

did you view your scheduled recordings for that date and time? the instant TV only has 2 tuners and if you turn on extended time at beginning or ending that can tie up the tuner(s) for the recording.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Duplicate channels on Instant TV - get "Recording Conflict" when trying to record on e

The program doesn't get recorded, so there's nothing to watch.  Though I do extend the beginning and end to be recorded, there are no other recordings set anywhere near this particular hour to exhaust the number of available tuners.  Sometimes I'm able to successfully set the recording in advance where it will show the red solid circle icon on the program, but if at some later time I come back to check on the recording event, the icon will have changed to the red "no symbol", and clicking on the program will show a "Recording Conflict" error message.  But on other occassions, when I try to set the recoding, the "no symbol" (Recording Conflict) shows up immediately, and again, there are never any other recordings programed around the time slot. Strangely, there is one particular program that airs in the morning on Monday to Friday that always does this.  I can program just about any other show without a problem.  I know this is weird.

Expert

@jwohara wrote:

The program doesn't get recorded, so there's nothing to watch.  Though I do extend the beginning and end to be recorded, there are no other recordings set anywhere near this particular hour to exhaust the number of available tuners.  Sometimes I'm able to successfully set the recording in advance where it will show the red solid circle icon on the program, but if at some later time I come back to check on the recording event, the icon will have changed to the red "no symbol", and clicking on the program will show a "Recording Conflict" error message.  But on other occassions, when I try to set the recoding, the "no symbol" (Recording Conflict) shows up immediately, and again, there are never any other recordings programed around the time slot. Strangely, there is one particular program that airs in the morning on Monday to Friday that always does this.  I can program just about any other show without a problem.  I know this is weird.

are you adding to the front or the back or both? you would have to look at the before hour (to see if already in use) and the after hour (to see what you wanted to record but didn't).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I'll extend at both ends, but there are NO other set recordings on either the time slot before or the time slot after.  Even if I did just one other in either time slot it should be fine.  It's only if I'm attempting to record three programs that would overlap is when the third would not be permitted. Anyway, I spoke with a Comcast person this evening who looked at some backend messages.  It was discovered that when I get the error, they received the message "Channel not entitled on this device".  But that's just nuts because I'm always setting many different recordings on the same device (PC), and I don't usually have any trouble recording other programs on that very same channel.  They even saw that another program was sucessfully recorded on the same channel just an hour after the failed program this morning.  The backend message for that program says "Delivered", without the other message.

Official Employee

Hello, jwohara!

I would like to look further into this issue for you and see if we can get it figured out. Please send me a Private Message with your first and last name so I can check into the entitlements for that program. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Private message sent, thanks!

Official Employee

jwohara, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get this recording issue figured out, but if you still need further assistance please feel free to start a new thread. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.