Community Forum

DVR playback not working

New Poster

DVR playback not working

I am unable to play dvrd shows online. I keep receiving this message:

Well that didn’t go as planned...

We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program.

Expert

Re: DVR playback not working

@kmay5 wrote:

I am unable to play dvrd shows online. I keep receiving this message:

Well that didn’t go as planned...

We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program.

recordings on the free cloud DVR are sometimes interrupted or have playback issues. the home DVR should be able to play the recording normally.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have been having the same issue over the last 1.5 weeks. The point of dvr is to not watch on demand. Programs i taped more than a week ago seem to play ok.
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Streaming still quits playback every 10 minutes or so, Comcast isn't going to fix it as this has been going on for over a year. I think thay have a bandwidth problem, and deal with it by dropping customers off several times per hour.  BAD Comcast!

At some point, I'll just give up.

Frequent Visitor

Wait a minute Rusty, there is no "FREE" cloud dvr, the charge is built into our monthly bill, we just aren't shown the breakout.

I think Comcast is throttlling bandwith by dropping us off every  10-20 minutes or so, exactaly as planned, otherwise, they would fix the problem, which has been going on for more than a year.