Community Forum

DVR cloud priority

Frequent Visitor

DVR cloud priority

I know the cloud is limited to what you can hold from the DVR so it only shows the latest show on the DVR in the cloud. is there any way to get something that is on the DVR priority so that even though it's older it would show up on the cloud. is it in the works?

Official Employee

Re: DVR cloud priority

Only the last 60 hours recorded are in the cloud. If it’s an older recording and not showing on the cloud, it can’t be pulled to the cloud.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Why can't we choose what 60 hours are in the cloud? My husband records every sporting event on the planet, thus I only have access to what he records. I would like to be able to access content that I would actually like to see? Seems silly to only put the last 60 hours recorded.

Official Employee

Hello, CDR933!
You would need to look at the DVR priority list and how your recordings are set up (save settings). For the most part, customers will have about 417 GB of space on their home DVR, and 60 hours of cloud storage. If you are recording in HD it evens out to about the same amount of content and they should almost always mirror each other. However, if either of them reaches 75% or more capacity, they will enter a delete status. At this point, if they receive a recording request and there isn't room for the recording it will first look for a recording lowest on your priority list and purge it to make room for the new recording. If there is more room on one and not the other, then it may only delete on the cloud or home DVR and you will see these discrepancies. If there are no recordings that haven't been restricted to only delete if you delete them, then the DVR just won't record. 

If you would like to send me a private message with your first and last name, I'd be more than happy to look over your DVRs with you and see if we can figure out why you are missing recordings so we can find a solution.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!