Community Forum

DVR Recordings List in on-line App less than actual recordings

Contributor

DVR Recordings List in on-line App less than actual recordings

Hello,

My DVR recordings list shows about 70% full but when I go to the on-line app, I only see 20 recordings and it says 40% full. How can I refresh the on-line list so I can watch them on the on-line app?

Thanks

Expert

Re: DVR Recordings List in on-line App less than actual recordings

@MB58 wrote:

Hello,

My DVR recordings list shows about 70% full but when I go to the on-line app, I only see 20 recordings and it says 40% full. How can I refresh the on-line list so I can watch them on the on-line app?

Thanks

there is no 'refresh'. the smaller cloud DVR keeps only 60 hours (the percent you see if of that 60 hours). The home DVR has much more space and the percent you see on the device is percent of what is used to the percent of the total. The two percentage of use measurements are of completely different storage media.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I know the 2 are different and hold different amounts but the Cloud storage has been as high as 97% with maybe 50 recordings only weeks ago. It has plenty of space left, 60% and doesn't even show recordings I made last week not to mention older ones.  I could view and delete all the recordings shown on the cloud and I'd still have over 100 on the main DVR which I would never be able to view from the on-line app.

This problem was mentioned a few years ago with no solution.

Expert

@MB58 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I know the 2 are different and hold different amounts but the Cloud storage has been as high as 97% with maybe 50 recordings only weeks ago. It has plenty of space left, 60% and doesn't even show recordings I made last week not to mention older ones.  I could view and delete all the recordings shown on the cloud and I'd still have over 100 on the main DVR which I would never be able to view from the on-line app.

This problem was mentioned a few years ago with no solution.

as you make and watch and delete new recordings the older ones on the cloud drop off. once they fall off they don't return as space  is freed up.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@MB58,  

Can you provide some examples of recordings you see on the home DVR but don't see on the Cloud DVR? I'd like to see if I can review your account to see if I'm able to find any errors with those specific recordings. In order for me to access your account, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name and the name of the account holder if different than yours. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @MB58

Thanks for allowing me to assist you. If you still need assistance. Feel free to send me another private message. This thread will now be closed. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.