Community Forum

Connection Error 3305

New Poster

Connection Error 3305

While at home in Georgia, USA, and connected to xfinity home wifi, my streaming app will load program details but will not stream the programs. I've seen past threads about this with no definitive solutions. Every channel gives the connection error 3305 and states that if internet is otherwise working, which it is, to select another channel, where I get the same error. Please help.
Tags (3)
Expert

Re: Connection Error 3305

@Jusjess wrote:
While at home in Georgia, USA, and connected to xfinity home wifi, my streaming app will load program details but will not stream the programs. I've seen past threads about this with no definitive solutions. Every channel gives the connection error 3305 and states that if internet is otherwise working, which it is, to select another channel, where I get the same error. Please help.

3305 says the system is registering that you are not in usa (perhaps a VPN is turned on?). Try using a smart device connected to the wifi. does that work?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

This is a known issue to Comcast, but there is no solution at this time. The problem occured after the last Xfinity Stream app update. Many users are experiencing the same problem, as reported through this forum and via app reviews at the iTunes store.

For the benefit of others, here's the behavior/issue that customers are experiencing. 

• The Xfinity Stream app and website will play live tv and on-demand shows, but not shows recorded on the customer's home DVR.
  • Shows recorded on the DVR can be played back on a customer's home TV that is directly wired to the Xfinity DVR.
  • Attempting to play a recorded show through the app returns Error 3305, which means the app is not online, however the customer is able to delete recorded shows and watch live/on-demand content through the app, meaning Error 3305 is being shown erroneously.
  • The problem happens on all mobile and wireless devices connected via the customer's home wireless network or via cellular service.
  • VPN is confirmed turned off on each device. 
  • Mobile devices are running the latest version of iOS.

The problem resides within the app, not recognizing that the customer's mobile device is online and/or located within the United States.

Regular Visitor

This is happening during THE WORLD CUP!!!!!  Arrgh.