Community Forum

Connection Error 3305

New Poster

Connection Error 3305

While at home in Georgia, USA, and connected to xfinity home wifi, my streaming app will load program details but will not stream the programs. I've seen past threads about this with no definitive solutions. Every channel gives the connection error 3305 and states that if internet is otherwise working, which it is, to select another channel, where I get the same error. Please help.
Tags (3)
Expert

Re: Connection Error 3305

@Jusjess wrote:
While at home in Georgia, USA, and connected to xfinity home wifi, my streaming app will load program details but will not stream the programs. I've seen past threads about this with no definitive solutions. Every channel gives the connection error 3305 and states that if internet is otherwise working, which it is, to select another channel, where I get the same error. Please help.

3305 says the system is registering that you are not in usa (perhaps a VPN is turned on?). Try using a smart device connected to the wifi. does that work?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This is a known issue to Comcast, but there is no solution at this time. The problem occured after the last Xfinity Stream app update. Many users are experiencing the same problem, as reported through this forum and via app reviews at the iTunes store.

For the benefit of others, here's the behavior/issue that customers are experiencing. 

• The Xfinity Stream app and website will play live tv and on-demand shows, but not shows recorded on the customer's home DVR.
  • Shows recorded on the DVR can be played back on a customer's home TV that is directly wired to the Xfinity DVR.
  • Attempting to play a recorded show through the app returns Error 3305, which means the app is not online, however the customer is able to delete recorded shows and watch live/on-demand content through the app, meaning Error 3305 is being shown erroneously.
  • The problem happens on all mobile and wireless devices connected via the customer's home wireless network or via cellular service.
  • VPN is confirmed turned off on each device. 
  • Mobile devices are running the latest version of iOS.

The problem resides within the app, not recognizing that the customer's mobile device is online and/or located within the United States.

Regular Visitor

This is happening during THE WORLD CUP!!!!!  Arrgh.

New Poster

This explanation makes sense. 

I was in Seattle last week and was able to play/ delete my DVR recordings just fine using the Streaming app on my iPad.

I am unable to do the same from here in Canada. I was hoping to stay caught up with my shows while on vacation. I guess I’ll have to wait till I return back to US.

New Poster

And here we are in 2019, and still the same problem. Another reason to consider cutting the cord.

@Navigator11 wrote:

This explanation makes sense. 

I was in Seattle last week and was able to play/ delete my DVR recordings just fine using the Streaming app on my iPad.

I am unable to do the same from here in Canada. I was hoping to stay caught up with my shows while on vacation. I guess I’ll have to wait till I return back to US.

Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue. Can’t watch or download shows recorded to DVR. Watching live channels works ok. 

New Poster

Cannot watch DVR recordings on my Ipad.  WiFi is strong and i get the error on anything that is not on demand yet.  If available on demand it allows me to watch through on demand.  Can you help?

Silver Problem Solver

@amymccarthy wrote:

Cannot watch DVR recordings on my Ipad.  WiFi is strong and i get the error on anything that is not on demand yet.  If available on demand it allows me to watch through on demand.  Can you help?

Google:

"

Connection Error 3305 xfinity
The problem occured after the last Xfinity Stream app update. ... Attempting to play a recorded show through the app returns Error 3305, which means the app is not online, however the customer is able to delete recorded shows and watch live/on-demand content through the app, meaning Error 3305 is being shown erroneously.Jun 7, 2018

Connection Error 3305 - Xfinity Help and Support Forums - 3101841

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

OK it is now April 2019 and this is still a problem. Does Xfinity/Comcast not care? We all have choices and can choose another provide. There’s no reason in today’s day that they can’t fix this. Let’s hope they read these posts and decide to do something about it.
New Poster

I just chatted with Comcast because like everyone else I am getting this error when trying to stream recorded programs using cellular data. They had the audacity to claim that the reason the app does not stream these is because cellular data is unstable....so if that is the case why can I watch my TIVO recorded programs using that same cellular data? They have an issue and they do not care to fix it....
Silver Problem Solver

@Mariaskaf wrote:
I just chatted with Comcast because like everyone else I am getting this error when trying to stream recorded programs using cellular data. They had the audacity to claim that the reason the app does not stream these is because cellular data is unstable....so if that is the case why can I watch my TIVO recorded programs using that same cellular data? They have an issue and they do not care to fix it....

Is your device using the Comcast SSID/password?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

So I’m not sure if this is a permanent fix but I reset my modem and it resolved the issue.
New Poster

One month later and still having this issue when trying to watch dvr recordings while on cellular data. Comcast called me about 3 weeks ago and they claimed that it was an issue with ATT cellular and infinity stream app and that they were working on it....really one month later and still not working?
Highlighted
Expert

@Mariaskaf wrote:
One month later and still having this issue when trying to watch dvr recordings while on cellular data. Comcast called me about 3 weeks ago and they claimed that it was an issue with ATT cellular and infinity stream app and that they were working on it....really one month later and still not working?

what does ATT tell you when you call them? are you perhaps at an 'overuse' throttled point of data where speed is reduced perhaps to point of being no way to receive the streamed data?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had a similar issue. I manually reset modem and everything started working again. 

New Poster

I'm having the same exact issue with the travel channel!

Official Employee

ainegreenwitch, appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your connection error on the stream app. What device are you using to stream content? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.