Community Forum

Commercial break in progress??

Contributor

Commercial break in progress??

When I am watching live TV, I usually see the commercials during a commercial break, but sometimes I just get a screen that says "Commercial break in progress.  Programming will return shortly."  Why does that happen?  I'd rather see the commercials than 2 - 3 minutes of stupid dead air.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Commercial break in progress??

That is a point where there is supposed to be a local commercial inserted. It seems as if the XFinity stream service doesn't support that, or maybe is just not properly configured for that channel.

What channels (use names, not numbers) do you see that on? Most national networks will have generic national commercials, but most local stations or cable companies will do inserts over them at specified times.

Contributor

andyross, thanks for your reply!  I've been noticing this with the Fox News Channel.  It seems to happen in the very late night/very early morning hours, if that makes a difference.

New Poster

The Commercial Break screen only happens on FOX here, <Edited>. If it continues, we will drop our contract with them. 

New Poster

Except.....CNN is doing it too, on my Xfinity. Nice try tho... <Edited> Since my CNN commercials are being blocked, and Fox news is just fine, <Edited>

New Poster

Isn't that an AT&T logo in the upper left? My guess is that if you don't have AT&T service, or if your package doesn't include local coverage, you get that screen. That's certainly true in our case.
Expert

@nuchols wrote:
Isn't that an AT&T logo in the upper left? My guess is that if you don't have AT&T service, or if your package doesn't include local coverage, you get that screen. That's certainly true in our case.

do you need assistance?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

2 year old thread closed

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!