Community Forum

Choppy Streaming Movies from Website

New Poster

Choppy Streaming Movies from Website

Over the last couple weeks streaming has been choppy in Edge, IE and Chrome.  It's horrible in chrome which is surprising.  Every few 8 to 10 seconds or so the video pauses briefly.  I have an I7 960 12 GB RAM Nvidia 1060.  It has been fine but over the last couple weeks has become worse.  I have 150Mbs blast and speednet shows that everything seems to be fine.

I am using a wireless connection.  Netgear x10 wireless router, Netgear A7000 wireless adapter, Docsis 3 Surfboard cable modem.  No problems with connections.

Expert

Re: Choppy Streaming Movies from Website

@deckerbl wrote:

Over the last couple weeks streaming has been choppy in Edge, IE and Chrome.  It's horrible in chrome which is surprising.  Every few 8 to 10 seconds or so the video pauses briefly.  I have an I7 960 12 GB RAM Nvidia 1060.  It has been fine but over the last couple weeks has become worse.  I have 150Mbs blast and speednet shows that everything seems to be fine.

I am using a wireless connection.  Netgear x10 wireless router, Netgear A7000 wireless adapter, Docsis 3 Surfboard cable modem.  No problems with connections.

did you try using a smart device (phone or tablet) and the stream app to see if the same problem exists there?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Seems like it is phone from my iphone connected to the same router.  Maybe an issue with my machine?  It's an I7 but it is 5 or 6 years old.

Expert

@deckerbl wrote:

Seems like it is phone from my iphone connected to the same router.  Maybe an issue with my machine?  It's an I7 but it is 5 or 6 years old.

sometimes a reboot fixes PCs too. maybe has an OS update that is downloading? how is speedtest on the PC?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Speed test is fine.  Netflix works fine.  It seems to be isolated to the xfinity site.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello deckerbl. I can assist in getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you so our team can investigate your choppy streaming video issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.