Community Forum

Casting to TV

Highlighted
New Poster

Casting to TV

Why can't I stream from any Android device?  I'm in my own home and am very frustrated that you're blocking my ability to stream to my tv from a tablet or phone.

Expert

Re: Casting to TV

@melis1013 wrote:

Why can't I stream from any Android device?  I'm in my own home and am very frustrated that you're blocking my ability to stream to my tv from a tablet or phone.

the producers of material don't like 'casting' at all but using a PC (not smart device) and using the TV as a 2nd monitor existed before all the regulations so use by a PC is grandfathered in on the laws. Smart devices are not grandfathered. Connections to TVs other than PCs is how cable companies make their money/income. currently many models of Roku are in a free beta if you have a device to use. HD won't be available if you do not have a billing line for HD technology for $9.95/month (HD included in contract and no charge will not 'allow' HD on Roku).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!