Community Forum

Cant Watch TV on Laptop - Message reads "Connect to in home WiFi to watch"

New Poster

Cant Watch TV on Laptop - Message reads "Connect to in home WiFi to watch"

I am at home on my wireless but I get this message when I try to stream on my laptop - Connect to home wifi to watch

Expert

Re: Cant Watch TV on Laptop - Message reads "Connect to in home WiFi to watch"

@aren123 wrote:

I am at home on my wireless but I get this message when I try to stream on my laptop - Connect to home wifi to watch

do your other smart devices (apple/android) phones/tablets work? have you changed your cable modem recently?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@aren123 wrote:

.Hmm.  I have to have my wifi device connected to my Comcast SSID/password 

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@aren123 wrote:

Watching anything over wifi is location, location, location.

How close is your laptop to your wifi router?  What is your down-load speed?

Do you have devices stacked or in a cabinet near the router? RF interference from this can cause signal errors. You need a clean signal to watch televsion. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!