Community Forum

Cannot playback recorded shows

New Poster

Cannot playback recorded shows

I have recorded several shows on major networks,(cbs, nbc, etc) over Christmas break.  When I logon to my computer to watch them I am told that there is a "problem" with playing back the shows and then I am directed to watch them on demand,(with commercials).  Is anyone else experienceing this issue?

New Poster

Re: Cannot playback recorded shows

Yes, this is happening to me and I have repeatedly called for support, only to have the poorly trained agents tell me that they can fix this by rebooting my cable box when I don't have a cable box!

I can record and playback everything except shows on the CBS network.  It has been 3 weeks and 5 visits and 6 hours of phone calls and the problem persists.

Expert

@jrobock wrote:

Yes, this is happening to me and I have repeatedly called for support, only to have the poorly trained agents tell me that they can fix this by rebooting my cable box when I don't have a cable box!

I can record and playback everything except shows on the CBS network.  It has been 3 weeks and 5 visits and 6 hours of phone calls and the problem persists.

would you try a smart device and see if the problem also exists? is that CBS channel your closest 'home' CBS channel based on call letters? when multiple network channels are available the closest can cause rstriction to the other channels.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello jrobock and CHSgirl1005. Thank you for posting on our Forum. I can provide troubleshooting assistance with your recording playback issues. To get started, please send me a private message and verify your full name so I can access your account. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi jrobock. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.