Community Forum

Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

New Poster

Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

I am trying to watch Fox News LIVE on my TV via the internet (because the Comcast DVR will not work), so I am on an Amazon fire stick, but I received an activation code.  But there is nowhere to input the code??  I went to my computer and typed FOXNEWS.COM/ACTIVATION, and all I get is "Select your device..."  So I choose "Amazon Fire", then I'm asked "Select your Provider..."  So I choose Comcast Xfinity".  The result doesn't provide to where I can enter the Activation Code displayed on my TV screen.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

I had that problem (see my posts herein) but decided to go completely offline overnight. Today, it's working... don't know if that helped or if Xfinity finally decided to look into it.... keep your fingers crossed!

New Poster

After several months of streaming Fox News thru Xfinity  via my Roku Express watching on my TV all of sudden I can't enter the given activation code. What's up with that? Fox News Activate select Roku, select provider, Comcact Xfinity, Log In to provider and the next prompt was always ENTER Activation  Code. That has now gone away. What's going on. If anyone responds to this please give something that makes sense.

Expert

@mark105 wrote:

After several months of streaming Fox News thru Xfinity  via my Roku Express watching on my TV all of sudden I can't enter the given activation code. What's up with that? Fox News Activate select Roku, select provider, Comcact Xfinity, Log In to provider and the next prompt was always ENTER Activation  Code. That has now gone away. What's going on. If anyone responds to this please give something that makes sense.

on your roku select the channel and press the * (star) button instead of enter. select remove channel. then search on the main roku for xfinity and select the channel again and reinstall. Your prompts should then work. use the chrome browser on your smart device or computer (flash enabled). worked?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

I am unable to connect to Fox News. I am using an Apple TV4 (tvOS 11.4), a Macbook Pro (iOS 10.13.4) and Chrome (67.0.3396.79).

Comcast Xfinity is my ISP.

All devices are updated with the most current OS.

I have restarted all devices.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Fox News app on my Apple TV4.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Chrome app on my Macbook Pro.

I have deleted the cache and history and also restarted Chrome.

I run into an infinite loop between the following two screens when I try to connect to Fox News.

Screen 1: I select Comcast Infinity as my provider.

Screen 2: Comcast Xfinity Activation indicates “You’re automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch”.

Screen 3: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 4: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 5: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 6: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 7: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 8: Screen 2 reappears ….and over and over again ad infinitum. I never get an opportunity to enter an activation code.

P.s.… I experience the exact same results using Safari, Firefox or when I try to connect using an iPhone X or iPad running (iOS 11.4).

Please help!

Expert

@ralfvin wrote:

I am unable to connect to Fox News. I am using an Apple TV4 (tvOS 11.4), a Macbook Pro (iOS 10.13.4) and Chrome (67.0.3396.79).

Comcast Xfinity is my ISP.

All devices are updated with the most current OS.

I have restarted all devices.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Fox News app on my Apple TV4.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Chrome app on my Macbook Pro.

I have deleted the cache and history and also restarted Chrome.

I run into an infinite loop between the following two screens when I try to connect to Fox News.

Screen 1: I select Comcast Infinity as my provider.

Screen 2: Comcast Xfinity Activation indicates “You’re automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch”.

Screen 3: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 4: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 5: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 6: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 7: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 8: Screen 2 reappears ….and over and over again ad infinitum. I never get an opportunity to enter an activation code.

P.s.… I experience the exact same results using Safari, Firefox or when I try to connect using an iPhone X or iPad running (iOS 11.4).

Please help!

on other threads this new problem was addressed by an official employee, who said that they verified the issue and are working with engineers and foxnews to resolve the issue.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

I have been having the same issue for a week with our fire stick and Fox News. So frustrated
New Poster

Why can't I enter the access code for Fox News Channel. I did thru my Roku for six months no issues easy steps. For the past week I'm unable to enter the activation code for live streaming. foxnews/activate , select roku, select provider, log in to provider, enter access code. Easy done. Now I can enter everything but  the access code. It's like they took it away. This is not Xfinity Streaming Beta App. This is going straight off the Roku via the web address given. Somebody did something. For 6 months no issues. All of sudden gone.

Expert

@mark105 wrote:

Why can't I enter the access code for Fox News Channel. I did thru my Roku for six months no issues easy steps. For the past week I'm unable to enter the activation code for live streaming. foxnews/activate , select roku, select provider, log in to provider, enter access code. Easy done. Now I can enter everything but  the access code. It's like they took it away. This is not Xfinity Streaming Beta App. This is going straight off the Roku via the web address given. Somebody did something. For 6 months no issues. All of sudden gone.

foxnew's 3rd party app access is broken and foxnew's engineers are working on the issue. it is not a comcast problem. in the meantime, use the stream TV app from Xfinity and play the foxnews TVgo channel.

New Poster

So a month later it still does not work. What has been addressed?
New Poster

This is the same issue I am having. Today is 8/17/18so it’s a long issue. I have this today but also have to remove and reinstall Fox News. Today though, I never get to enter the activation code. Come on guys, fix this issue!

Expert

@Louis_z wrote:

This is the same issue I am having. Today is 8/17/18so it’s a long issue. I have this today but also have to remove and reinstall Fox News. Today though, I never get to enter the activation code. Come on guys, fix this issue!

the issue was fixed many weeks ago. what are you 'seeing' during the login process?

New Poster

I enter Roku

then Xfinity

i get a connected thru Xfinity as part of my service and a connection circle

after waking for a minute or two I go back to the Device and service questions.

New Poster

Took a video of the process, so if you tell me where to send....

New Poster

80 mb, too big

but Roku

then Xfinity

it says I’m automatically signed in with Xfinity and it’s a added benefit of my Xfinity TV service.

Expert

@Louis_z wrote:

80 mb, too big

but Roku

then Xfinity

it says I’m automatically signed in with Xfinity and it’s a added benefit of my Xfinity TV service.

based on your post you are logged in and able to use the fox news app now on your Roku?