Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,873,950

members

611

online

29,074

topics

Top

Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

I am trying to watch Fox News LIVE on my TV via the internet (because the Comcast DVR will not work), so I am on an Amazon fire stick, but I received an activation code.  But there is nowhere to input the code??  I went to my computer and typed FOXNEWS.COM/ACTIVATION, and all I get is "Select your device..."  So I choose "Amazon Fire", then I'm asked "Select your Provider..."  So I choose Comcast Xfinity".  The result doesn't provide to where I can enter the Activation Code displayed on my TV screen.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

I had that problem (see my posts herein) but decided to go completely offline overnight. Today, it's working... don't know if that helped or if Xfinity finally decided to look into it.... keep your fingers crossed!

New Poster

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

After several months of streaming Fox News thru Xfinity  via my Roku Express watching on my TV all of sudden I can't enter the given activation code. What's up with that? Fox News Activate select Roku, select provider, Comcact Xfinity, Log In to provider and the next prompt was always ENTER Activation  Code. That has now gone away. What's going on. If anyone responds to this please give something that makes sense.

Service Expert

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation


@mark105 wrote:

After several months of streaming Fox News thru Xfinity  via my Roku Express watching on my TV all of sudden I can't enter the given activation code. What's up with that? Fox News Activate select Roku, select provider, Comcact Xfinity, Log In to provider and the next prompt was always ENTER Activation  Code. That has now gone away. What's going on. If anyone responds to this please give something that makes sense.


on your roku select the channel and press the * (star) button instead of enter. select remove channel. then search on the main roku for xfinity and select the channel again and reinstall. Your prompts should then work. use the chrome browser on your smart device or computer (flash enabled). worked?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

I am unable to connect to Fox News. I am using an Apple TV4 (tvOS 11.4), a Macbook Pro (iOS 10.13.4) and Chrome (67.0.3396.79).

Comcast Xfinity is my ISP.

All devices are updated with the most current OS.

I have restarted all devices.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Fox News app on my Apple TV4.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Chrome app on my Macbook Pro.

I have deleted the cache and history and also restarted Chrome.

 

I run into an infinite loop between the following two screens when I try to connect to Fox News.

Screen 1: I select Comcast Infinity as my provider.

Screen 2: Comcast Xfinity Activation indicates “You’re automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch”.

Screen 3: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 4: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 5: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 6: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 7: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 8: Screen 2 reappears ….and over and over again ad infinitum. I never get an opportunity to enter an activation code.

 

P.s.… I experience the exact same results using Safari, Firefox or when I try to connect using an iPhone X or iPad running (iOS 11.4).

 

Please help!

Service Expert

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation


@ralfvin wrote:

I am unable to connect to Fox News. I am using an Apple TV4 (tvOS 11.4), a Macbook Pro (iOS 10.13.4) and Chrome (67.0.3396.79).

Comcast Xfinity is my ISP.

All devices are updated with the most current OS.

I have restarted all devices.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Fox News app on my Apple TV4.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Chrome app on my Macbook Pro.

I have deleted the cache and history and also restarted Chrome.

 

I run into an infinite loop between the following two screens when I try to connect to Fox News.

Screen 1: I select Comcast Infinity as my provider.

Screen 2: Comcast Xfinity Activation indicates “You’re automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch”.

Screen 3: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 4: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 5: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 6: Screen 2 reappears

Screen 7: Screen 1 reappears

Screen 8: Screen 2 reappears ….and over and over again ad infinitum. I never get an opportunity to enter an activation code.

 

P.s.… I experience the exact same results using Safari, Firefox or when I try to connect using an iPhone X or iPad running (iOS 11.4).

 

Please help!


on other threads this new problem was addressed by an official employee, who said that they verified the issue and are working with engineers and foxnews to resolve the issue.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

I have been having the same issue for a week with our fire stick and Fox News. So frustrated
New Poster

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

Why can't I enter the access code for Fox News Channel. I did thru my Roku for six months no issues easy steps. For the past week I'm unable to enter the activation code for live streaming. foxnews/activate , select roku, select provider, log in to provider, enter access code. Easy done. Now I can enter everything but  the access code. It's like they took it away. This is not Xfinity Streaming Beta App. This is going straight off the Roku via the web address given. Somebody did something. For 6 months no issues. All of sudden gone.

Service Expert

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation


@mark105 wrote:

Why can't I enter the access code for Fox News Channel. I did thru my Roku for six months no issues easy steps. For the past week I'm unable to enter the activation code for live streaming. foxnews/activate , select roku, select provider, log in to provider, enter access code. Easy done. Now I can enter everything but  the access code. It's like they took it away. This is not Xfinity Streaming Beta App. This is going straight off the Roku via the web address given. Somebody did something. For 6 months no issues. All of sudden gone.


foxnew's 3rd party app access is broken and foxnew's engineers are working on the issue. it is not a comcast problem. in the meantime, use the stream TV app from Xfinity and play the foxnews TVgo channel.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 435 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation