Community Forum

Cancel Recording a TV Show

New Poster

Cancel Recording a TV Show

I must have accidentally requested the ongoing recording of a television show.  I do not wish to record or watch the show.  How do I cancel the request to  record this show?

Thank you

Problem Solver

Re: Cancel Recording a TV Show

@Knitter507 wrote:

I must have accidentally requested the ongoing recording of a television show.  I do not wish to record or watch the show.  How do I cancel the request to  record this show?

Thank you

Hi Knitter507,  Try the steps I mentioned in this post:  http://http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/How-to-delete-a-scheduled-recording/m-p/3071470#M...

Hope it's what you're looking for.

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Expert

adding... 

you will be offered to cancel a series if you 'cancel' a scheduled recording.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Problem Solver

Interesting, Rustyben, I just checked my recording options, and, when I cancel a scheduled recording, it is just a one time shot and the menu reverts to normal after that evenings' shows.  There was no offering to cancel the series. 

The only way I found to permanently "cancel" a scheduled series was to use the "Modify Recording Setting" button. 

Do different STBs have different manners in presenting this?

I have a Motorola DCX 3400 box. 

edited 4/15/18 9:24pm ~correct spelling..  BJ Smiley Wink

Expert

@BlueJay wrote:

Interesting, Rustyben, I just checked my recording options, and, when I cancel a scheduled recording, it is just a one time shot and the menu reverts to normal after that evenings' shows.  There was no offering to cancel the series. 

The only way I found to permanently "cancel" a scheduled series was to use the "Modify Recording Setting" button. 

Do different STBs have different manners in presenting this?

I have a Motorola DCX 3400 box. 

edited 4/15/18 9:24pm ~correct spelling..  BJ Smiley Wink

yes directions were for the x1 system. sorry.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Problem Solver

Thanks for the clarification,  I guess I should respond to, what I think, are general questions, should mention that I am  a NON X 1 customer.   But in either case, I do hope the OP was able to cancel his/her recording satisfactorily.  

New Poster

To All of You Who Replied:

Thank you for your suggestions.  I have X1, so BJ's instructions were not applicable.  I do thank you for taking time to reply to me.  It is not your fault that I did not realize that I needed to include this important fact. Armed with BJ's instructions and the self-confidence it provided me, I think that I successfully deleted recording the shows.  Time will tell if I did!