Community Forum

Can't watch TV from Xfinity TV website on computers/devices

New Poster

Can't watch TV from Xfinity TV website on computers/devices

As of early this week (roughly Feb 7), I can no longer watch any recorded, on demand, or live tv on my home computers or on devices on my home network. I've been using this feature for at least a year with no problems. I can login and view the channel guide etc. but once I click "watch" I just get the three dots while it tries to load... which it never does.

The critical computer I need this feature to work on is a Win8.1 laptop using Chrome (with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed this evening as I thought that might be a problem) and with Norton Security installed. Please advise. Thank you. 

New Poster

Re: Can't watch TV from Xfinity TV website on computers/devices

UPDATE: I discovered that YES, you need the latest version of Adobe Shockwave Player to be installed, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you need to make sure that the box "Always Allowed to Run" is checked !

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 24.0.0.194
Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0 System
Version: 24.0.0.194
Location: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_24_0_0_194.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
.spl
Frequent Visitor

I wouldn't bother. Comcast just respons saying its your fault and offer no real solution. There have been forum posts since 2012 regarding this issue, and they just dont give a darn.

Official Employee

Mikesupdude wrote:

I wouldn't bother. Comcast just respons saying its your fault and offer no real solution. There have been forum posts since 2012 regarding this issue, and they just dont give a darn.

If we could automatically check the "Always allowed to run" checkbox, we would. The long-term solution is for us to move away from Adobe Primetime (Flash) for content protection (DRM - digital rights management). 

Frequent Visitor

I've had basically the same problem since late January 2017.  I have NO PROBLEM watching or streaming any videos or animations on ANY OTHER website on the internet.  I had been watching Xfinity TV for well over a year with no problems of any kind.  Now, when I log in to Comcast.net I can't even watch the "must see" videos shown on the welcoming screen.  I can go to Historychannel.com and watch streaming there (which, by the way, uses my Xfinity account as a log-in); I have talked   M A N Y   times with Comcast techs seeking help.  I use Firefox latest version and have even uninstalled all add-ons to assure no conflicts.  The same happens using Internet Explorer.  One tech talked me through testing IPV6 and my results were 10 out of 10.  Totally compatible and operating properly.  This seems to indicate to me that whatever Comcast did to their website in late January 2017 has totally knocked me out of being able to watch Xfinity TV on the website; not being able to even watch their "must see" videos.  Comcast's stand is that they don't have a problem with their system.  Yet they are the only website on the internet that isn't compatible with my computer.  I have the latest Adobe Flash player and apparently everything required to be compatible with Comcast, but NOTHING works.  The only error I ever get when trying to use the website to stream videos or watch Xfinity TV is:  "Sorry, we're having some trouble.  XFINITY® TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon. (Error calling NPobject)."  It just seems very strange that Comcast says they have no problems and haven't heard of any widespread incompatibilities when it seems to be the only website I can't use.  I would be grateful to anyone at Comcast who might offer any VIABLE explanation as to why this is happening.

Official Employee

JPALOLD wrote:

I've had basically the same problem since late January 2017.  I have NO PROBLEM watching or streaming any videos or animations on ANY OTHER website on the internet.  I had been watching Xfinity TV for well over a year with no problems of any kind.  Now, when I log in to Comcast.net I can't even watch the "must see" videos shown on the welcoming screen.  I can go to Historychannel.com and watch streaming there (which, by the way, uses my Xfinity account as a log-in); I have talked   M A N Y   times with Comcast techs seeking help.  I use Firefox latest version and have even uninstalled all add-ons to assure no conflicts.  The same happens using Internet Explorer.  One tech talked me through testing IPV6 and my results were 10 out of 10.  Totally compatible and operating properly.  This seems to indicate to me that whatever Comcast did to their website in late January 2017 has totally knocked me out of being able to watch Xfinity TV on the website; not being able to even watch their "must see" videos.  Comcast's stand is that they don't have a problem with their system.  Yet they are the only website on the internet that isn't compatible with my computer.  I have the latest Adobe Flash player and apparently everything required to be compatible with Comcast, but NOTHING works.  The only error I ever get when trying to use the website to stream videos or watch Xfinity TV is:  "Sorry, we're having some trouble.  XFINITY® TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon. (Error calling NPobject)."  It just seems very strange that Comcast says they have no problems and haven't heard of any widespread incompatibilities when it seems to be the only website I can't use.  I would be grateful to anyone at Comcast who might offer any VIABLE explanation as to why this is happening.

Did you try the solution 3 posts above yours?

New Poster

I also have the problem when I use IE or Firefox.  Edge works.  Checked the status of flash in IE and Firefox.  It is the latest version and is always allowed.  Still an issue with those two browsers.   No problem with my Apple devices.

Contributor

Same problem, and YES, I have the most updated version of Flash Player, and YES, I have "Always allowed to run" checked. Still, nothing loads. Just the same three dots going on and on.

I'd love for a Comcast person, just once, to give advice that goes beyond "why don't you try turning it off and turning it on again". Just once. But. likely, in a few days, ComcastDan or some other clone, will stop by, post "did you click on 'Always allow to run'?" as though I never wrote above that I did exactly that.

Basically, Comcast messes up at their end with some software glitch, and then sends out people like Comcast Dan to provide the most basic advice to keep up the illiusion that they actually pay attention to these Forums. Eventually they'll fix the glitch, mostly in time for the next Chrome or WIndows update to create new glitches.

Official Employee

Berger-Wolf wrote:

Same problem, and YES, I have the most updated version of Flash Player, and YES, I have "Always allowed to run" checked. Still, nothing loads. Just the same three dots going on and on.

I'd love for a Comcast person, just once, to give advice that goes beyond "why don't you try turning it off and turning it on again". Just once. But. likely, in a few days, ComcastDan or some other clone, will stop by, post "did you click on 'Always allow to run'?" as though I never wrote above that I did exactly that.

Basically, Comcast messes up at their end with some software glitch, and then sends out people like Comcast Dan to provide the most basic advice to keep up the illiusion that they actually pay attention to these Forums. Eventually they'll fix the glitch, mostly in time for the next Chrome or WIndows update to create new glitches.

Sorry you are having trouble. I'm on these forums almost exclusively during nights and weekends, on my own time, not to keep up an illusion but because I care. Troubleshooting issues with the website requires some back and forth since of the variability in computer configurations and browser settings. The more information you give me, the more advice I can give you.

For example, another customer in this forum mentioned that they were running a 32bit version of Firefox but a 64bit version of Adobe Flash. By updated to the 64bit version of Firefox, they were able to resolve the problem. 

What operating system? What browser (type and version)? Have you tried other browsers? If so, is the issue occurring there as well? Happening with all content or just live, etc.?  

In another forum post, you mentioned something about the auto setting in the video player's "gear" icon. The description of your problem there was too vague for me to provide any help, However, that post seems to imply that you are able to get past the loading dots and make it to the video player - at least some times.

Again, sorry you are having trouble but I'm here to (hopefully) help.

Best,

ComcastDan

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I try to go to tv.xfinity.com and it tries to load then i get a message saying xfinity stream is not available and this code: Error xacsa.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: FatalDrmError. I did a chat with a comcast agent and they did a reset and that didn't help. I called comcast and they said they would have someone call me back in 24 hours and its been longer than that. I have the most up to date version of adobe flash (and it is always enabled), and firefox. i have also tried on chrome. Nothing works and i keep getting that message.